Applications are now invited for individuals who apply for the Senior Administration Officer at Department of Community Safety and Transport Management. This is a re-advertisement and applicants who applied previously must re-apply if still interested.
The successful incumbent will be stationed at the Head Office of the hiring department which is situated in Mahikeng. The Senior Administration Officer at Department of Community Safety and Transport Management offers a level 8 salary which amounts to R 299 709 every year. Should you be interested in this position, make sure you hold at least Grade 12 certificate in order to be qualified or equivalent. This should be accompanied by a 3 year degree or national diploma in Security Management or any security equivalent to that. This job revolves around Security Services. Candidates are also expected to have two to five years of prior experience in appropriate field of the security environment. It would be an added bonus if candidates have finger print taking certificate. This position also requires applicants to have a valid driver’s license.
The job related knowledge and skills that applicants must have are:
- Problem solving skills
- Understanding and knowledge of security legislation or policies
- Basic computer literacy
- Knowledge of MISS document
- Communication skills
- Report writing skills
- Presentation skills
- Time management skills
Once you are qualified for the job, you can expect to be involved in but not limited to the following duties:
- Render personnel security awareness campaign
- Facilitate vetting of currently employed personnel
- Make sure information is secure and liaised with State Security Agency and any other stakeholders for personnel security matters
- Take finger prints on shortlisted applicants
- Conduct screening of service providers
- Facilitate vetting of newly appointed personnel
- Render personal suitability checks on shortlisted applicants
- Render personnel security assessments
- Render declaration of oath of secrecy to every Department officials
How to Apply
Please forward your application to: The Head of Department, Department of Community Safety and Transport Management, Private Bag X19, Mmabatho 2735, Office No. 136, 1st Floor, Tirelo building, Albert Luthuli Drive
Your application should include the following documents:
- Z83 application form. Indicate the reference number of this advert within your application (03/2018/19)
- CV that also includes the names of at least 3 referees with names and contact details
- Certified copies of qualifications and ID document
- SAQA evaluated results of foreign applications if you have any
- Academic record or transcripts if you plan to submit your tertiary qualification
If you need any additional information concerning the Senior Administration Officer at Department of Community Safety and Transport Management, you can contact Ms Gadifele Noge.
Previous employment records will be verified. Applications should be submitted no later than August 10th 2018 and no late, faxed or emailed application will be accepted. Note that, applicants will be expected to be available for interview at a time, date and place determined by the hiring department. Correspondence for this position will be limited to shortlisted applicants only. Candidates whose promotion/transfer/appointment will promote representivity will be given preference.