South African students who demonstrate strong academic results and wish to pursue a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering are now invited to apply for the 2019 SEIFSA bursaries in Engineering. This amazing opportunity also provides you with employment prospect upon completion of your studies. Apply today if interested!
Table of Contents
SEIFSA, which is short for Steel and Engineering Industries Federation of Southern Africa was established in Bloemfontein, in 1941, under the national umbrella organisation, SAFEMA (South African Federation of Engineering and Metallurgical Associations. The following year it was also founded in Cape Town. It is a national employer Federation that represents the metal and engineering industry. For the past 70 years, the company has provided employer associations with support as well as campaigned for policies to enhance the business environment for its members. The company’s primary mission is to be the utmost respected advocate in the metal and engineering industry across South Africa, so that people may develop innovative businesses prospected for growth as well as working alongside stakeholders for the best interests of South Africa.
The company is honoured to announce the 2019 SEIFSA bursaries in Engineering for outstanding South African students who lack financial means to pursue their undergraduate studies in Engineering. The bursaries are available for the following programs:
- Materials Science
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
Qualified students will receive coverage for their tuition fees, accommodation, transport and prescribed textbooks. Upon graduation, students will be expected to take up employment for six months (every year of funding received) in the engineering and steel manufacturing sector at a company residing in South Africa.
This program is based on academic performance and shortlisted students will be properly notified. Successful candidates will be informed by the end of December 2018.
- 35 years old or younger South African citizen
- Currently in matric or completed matric
- Obtained a minimum overall average of 75% for matric with good results in Science and Maths
- Intend on studying or currently studying in one of the aforementioned studies at a recognised South African University or University of Technology
- Passed tertiary institutions standard aptitude test/equivalent
- Proven financial need (max. income R 40,000 for combined income and R 20,000 for single parents)
Candidates from designated groups and employees of SEIFSA dependents or member companies will receive preference.
As part of your application for 2019 SEIFSA bursaries in Engineering, attach the following documents as well:
- Certified copy of ID, matric result (current matric students) and latest academic results transcripts
- Passport size colour photo
- Proof of acceptance/registration at a University
- Testimonial from school/employer/someone of authority
- Evidence (payslips) of parents income
- Motivational letter outlining your reason for choosing your field of study/career path and how you expect to contribute positively to society (current matric candidates) no longer than one page
- Summary of results from previous year (2nd to 4th tertiary students)
- Medical declaration (if applicable in your field of study)
Submit your completed application before November 30, 2018 via one of these methods:
Email: [email protected] (subject line: SEIFSA Bursary Application – your full name)
Hand deliver: 6th Floor, Metal industries House, 42 Anderson Street, Johannesburg, 2000
For enquiries: Khanya Vilakazi, [email protected] tel: 011 298 9425