The Expanded Public Works Programme (EPWP) is a programme that initiates and contributes to the Government Policy Priorities for decent work, sustainable livelihoods, health, education, rural development, and land reform. City of Johannesburg has provided this programme for those who are currently unemployed. This City of Joburg EPWPis currently offering one year working contract to apply for.
Furthermore, the mission of City of Joburg EPWP is to create and provide more work opportunity for the unemployed and poor people in South Africa. By doing so, the country will be able to halve the unemployment every year. In the following, all applicants can find a lot of information related to the Extended Public Works Programme.
Additionally, this EPWP offers some training in specific programme for enhancing service deliveries and beneficiary well-being. If you think that this opportunity gives you the right moment for improving the quality of yourself, this chance must not be missed.
Job Title: Extended Public Works Program City of Joburg
Position: Social Development Department
Recruiter: City of Johannesburg
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Salary: R4000.00 per month
Type of work: 12 Month Contract
Furthermore, participating in City of Joburg EPWP will require you to handle these following responsibilities for the duration of the contract.
- Providing various support services when required for various units within the department
- Assisting with the community outreach services, hotspots interventions, campaigns, mapping, and also data collection
- Assisting with minor finance-process duties
- Also, helping with administration and expanded social package (ESP)
In addition, to qualify for this City of Joburg EPWP, all applicants must have fulfilled these requirements mentioned in the following.
- All applicants must have the citizenship of South African
- All applicants must be currently unemployed
- Having Matric of NQF level 4 is non-negotiable
- The applicants must have the ability to use a computer or type with basic software knowledge
- The applicants must possess the ability to collect and capture data
- Being able to perform general duties like carrying stocks, packages, and cleaning is compulsory
- All applicants must have the knowledge or passion of working with communities, the displaced persons, migrants, substance abused clients, and Expanded Social Package
- Being able to demonstrate participation in field services, door-to-door campaigns, blitz operations, or financial administration is vital
- All applicants must be registered on EPS
- Lastly, they must be able to work independently and within a team
Additionally, in order to apply for this City of Joburg EPWP, all applicants must provide their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) which is not longer than 2 pages. In this Curriculum Vitae, you can mention your experience, your academic records, and all the competencies that you have. Further, this CV can be sent through email at [email protected].
Further, the company is not going to tolerate incomplete and also late applciations. Therefore, you must have submitted before the due date.
Moreover, for any assistance and notification, you can check the office website of www.joburg.org.za from time to time.
Finally, all applications for City of Joburg EPWP are acceptable before 29 July 2021.