Working in governmental agency can bring some challenges for the applicants, who later will be the employees, to conquer. If you are passionate in it and you are going to find some Western Cape Gov vacancies, you are coming to the right place. In the following, there will be the complete information about the vacancy and the position needed.
Position: Social Worker
Recruiter: Western Cape Government
Location: Western Cape, South Africa
Grade 1: R257 592 – R298 614 per annum
Grade 2: R316 794 – R363 801 per annum
Meanwhile, for Grade 3: R384 228 – R445 425 per annum
Grade 4: R472 551 – R581 178 per annum (OSD as prescribed)
Reference number: WCG210312-3
Type of work: Permanent
Hence, these will be your daily duties when you are going to apply for the Western Cape Gov vacancies as a social worker.
- Rendering a social work service with regards to care, protection, support, and development of vulnerable individuals, families, groups or communities through case work, community work, and group work
- Attending to matters which result in or stem from social instability in any kinds of form
- Supervising and supporting the social auxiliary workers
- Catching up with the new developments in the social welfare fields and social work field
- Performing all administration functions related to the jobs
Furthermore, to make yourself qualify for the position in Western Cape Gov vacancies, you have to possess these following requirements.
- Having the formal tertiary qualification in Social Work is compulsory
- The applicants must have the registration with the South African Council for Social Service Professions as a Social Worker
- Having a valid driving license Code B is obligatory
- Having the knowledge of relevant legislation, prescripts, policy, social worker framework, human behavior, and social system is a must
- The applicants must have the understanding about social work theory and intervention
- Having proven computer literacy is vital
- Being able to promote, maintain, restore, advocate and enhance the functioning of individual, families, group, and communities in accomplishing tasks is necessary
- Having good planning and organizational skills is important
- The applicants must have client orientation and customer focus at work
- For different grade of remuneration, there will be different requirements as follows.
|Grade 1||Having no experience is acceptable.|
|Grade 2||Having the minimum of 10 years of working experience in Social Work after registration as a Social Worker.|
|Grade 3||Having the minimum of 20 years of working experience in Social Work after registration as a Social Worker.|
|Grade 4||Having the minimum of 30 years of working experience in Social Work after registration as a Social Worker.|
In addition, if you are going to apply for this vacancy, you have to complete these compulsory documents as well.
- A comprehensive CV
- A copy of identity document
- Certified copies of qualifications
- Certified copies of academic reports
For applying, the applicants can visit this link and register yourself. There will be some questions about your passport number, work permit, permanent residency number, and many more.
After that, you have to complete the personal information about yourself. This compulsory information has to be filled honestly and properly. Further, when you fail to provide the right information, your application will get automatic disqualification.
Moreover, if you have some enquiries related to the recruitment, you can contact Mr. L. Arnolds at (021) 483 6657.
The closing date for these Western Cape Gov vacancies will be on 13 April 2021.