If you have the concern and the interest in environmental issues and matters, you can always take part in WESSA learnership programme. WESSA is working together with The Tourism Blue Flag Project. They are encouraging potential unemployed youth to join their Beach Steward Learnership 2021-2022. They are always in a lookout for potential and promising candidates, especially from the unfortunate background and unemployed youth, to take part in the programme. The candidates are expected to come in between the age range between 18 and 35 years of age, and they will take part in the WESSA Beach Steward Learnership.
Table of Contents
About the Programme
WESSA learnership programme offers 12 months Beach Steward Learnership. Beach Stewards have some activities for example: provide tourist services, conduct surveys, coordinate interactive environmental education activities for beach-goers, assist lifeguards by helping to improve water safety at the beach as well as help beach managers to maintain the high Blue Flag standards.
The candidates would get a stipend of R148,00 per working day, helped with communication and transportation during the programme. The stipend is provided within a monthly stipend form through electronic transfer.
Here are some requirements to join with Beach Steward learnership:
- Candidates must be between 18 and 35 years of age;
- They must be the citizens of South Africa;
- They must be fluent and skilled in Afrikaans and English;
- They must have completed Matric or Grade 12;
- Candidates with good matric results and have a tourism work experience would be an advantage.
- They must have passions in people, tourism, education and coastal protection;
- They must not have criminal record or history;
- They must have a full commitment to take part in full time programme;
- They must have a valid and legal banking account with their own name; and
- They must be willing to offer community services.
Here are some application documents required to apply for this learnership programme:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) and contactable references;
- A certified copy of South African ID;
- Proof of residence not older than three months; and
- Certified copies of your qualifications.
The application form and the supporting documents must be submitted online via this link. Create a profile first, then place your CV in the uploaded list of CURRENT DOCUMENTS and click on the SET AS CV icon. Each file cannot be over than 512kb. You can use PDF compressor to resize online. Just go to Google search to get one.
After completed your profile and uploaded application documents, select BROWSE JOBS and then click on the Beach Steward Learnership. At the bottom of page, go to APPLY NOW then you will be redirected to the application questions. Once you have completed this step, then SUBMIT to complete your application.
You must answer these motivation questions:
A. Describe what your work as a Tourism Blue Flag Steward might involve?
B. Briefly describe your interest in tourism and the environment and whether you been active through projects, study etc.
C. What is your career plan in the tourism and environment sector?
D. Why do you think you are ideal for this learnership opportunity?
Those who want to learn more about WESSA learnership programme or the detailed concept of the programme should go to this link to have a deeper understanding of it.
Apply lately at 25 January 2021