Voice of the Cape, in conjunction with the Muslim Broadcasting Corporation, is proud to announce the new bursary program for all outstanding South African students who are in need of funding to pursue tertiary studies. The Voice of the Cape bursary program 2019 is available for all fields of study. Apply today for the program can be renewable each year!
Table of Contents
The Voice of the Cape, often shortened to VOIC, is the first Muslim radio station in South Africa. The independent and Muslim community-owned radio station began broadcasting in 1995 for the month of Ramadaan. It is licensed by the Muslim Broadcasting Corporation (MBC) and is situated in Cape Town.
This year, the radio station aims to assist students who have done exceptional performance in their academic career to pursue higher studies. The Voice of the Cape bursary program 2019 is open for South Africans who wish to pursue their tertiary education in all fields of study, though preference will be given to candidates who apply for Islamic or Media Studies. It is a full bursary program and qualified students will be awarded on an annual basis. However, candidates must re-apply for the program each year.
Qualified applicants will also be required to participate in the internship program while studying as well as enter a service contact after completing their studies.
Only shortlisted candidates will receive correspondence. If you have yet to be contacted by the bursary administrator after 2 months since the application closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
To be fully eligible for the program, you must fulfil the following requirements:
- Be a South African residing in the Western Cape Province
- Have good academic record
- Must have completed Matric or NQF level 4 or higher qualification
- Must plan to study or be studying at a University/ FET College/ University of Technology or Islamic Institute
- Must come from a disadvantaged community
- MBC structures, employees as well as their dependent are allowed to apply
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for the Voice of the Cape bursary program 2019, please commence your application by completing the application form. Please note that you must download and agree to the bursary criteria prior to applying.
Aside from the mandatory application form, your application must be attached with the following supporting materials. If there is any missing item, your submission will not be taken into account during the selection process.
- Certified copy of ID document
- Certified copy of matric results or certificate
- Certified copy of latest academic results
- Two reference letters with their valid contact number. One must be from your local religious leader in your residential area and the other one from your current employer or educational institution
- A letter of motivation that must include your aspirations and goals, why you chose your field of study, and how your qualification will benefit your community. The letter must be within a 1000 word count
- Proof of income of your parents or guardians, as in a letter stating yearly salary or affidavit if applicable (certified copy)
Please forward your application via one of these acceptable methods:
O Box 16210
- Hand delivery:
Voice of the Cape
The Bursary Department
2 Queens Park Ave
No emailed or faxed submissions will be regarded. Apply before January 11, 2019 to be considered.