Applications are now invited for the Supply Chain Officer vacancy at the Presidency. This job is available within the Supply Chain Management directorate and is intended for the acquisition. The Presidency offers the suitable candidate a one year contract. Apply today if interested!
This vacant position offers an attractive level 7 salary amounting to R 242 475 annually. The future incumbent will be stationed in Pretoria. In order to be eligible for this position, applicants must hold a Senior certificate which will serve as the minimum academic qualification. This requirement should be accompanied by an NQF level 6 or its equivalent in Public Administration, Management, Supply Chain Management or Logistics. Furthermore, having at least one year of working experience in Supply Chain Management environment is much more preferable as well.
Required competencies and skills:
- Excellent communication skills, both writing and oral
- Client orientation
- Honesty and integrity
- Customer focus
- Service delivery innovation
- Organising skills
- Sufficient knowledge of Supply Chain Management procedures as well as LOGIS
- Sound knowledge of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa, Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act, Public Financial Management Act, Treasury Regulations, Preferential Procurement Regulation 2017, Public Service Regulatory Framework, Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment Act as well as its code of god practice
Key performance areas
Once you are qualified for the Supply Chain Officer vacancy at the Presidency, you can expect to be involved in but not limited to the following duties:
- Be responsible for processing and receiving applications or request from help desk
- Be responsible for requesting quotations using the Central Suppliers Database
- Be responsible for evaluating quotations
- Be responsible for providing update on the progress of the request for quotations and the applications for purchase
- Be responsible for submitting report relating to work done to the supervisor
- Be responsible to attend to queries
- Be responsible for assisting with bids when required
How to Apply
Interested candidates must submit the following documents:
- z83 application form
- certified copy of qualifications and ID document
- a recently updated resume
- a SAQA evaluation report (for applicants in possession of any foreign qualifications)
to this postal address: The Presidency, Private Bag x1000, Pretoria, 0001.
Alternatively, applications may be hand delivered at: Government Avenue, Union Buildings.
For attention: Ms Kefilwe Maubane
It is your responsibility as an applicant to submit your application no later than January 4, 2019 as no late submissions will be taken into consideration. The Presidency will limit all kinds of correspondence regarding this post to shortlisted applicants only. Therefore, if you do not receive any acknowledgement in three months after the closing date has passed, please take it to mean your application as unsuccessful.
All shortlisted applicants will be subjected to a pre-employment screening as well as a Top Secret security vetting to decide whether or not the applicants are suitable for employment.
If you need further assistance or encounter any difficulties when applying for the Supply Chain Officer vacancy at the Presidency, please contact: Ms M Selomo Tel No: (012) 300 5951