The Department of Rural Development and Land Reform is now accepting applications from all candidates who are interested in applying for the Principal Security Officer. This vacant position is available in the Northern Cape (Kimberley). Please quote the reference number, 3/2/1/2019/072, when applying for the Principal Security Officer vacancy at Department of Rural Development and Land Reform.
Table of Contents
This position is available within the Support Services directorate at the Department of Rural Development and Land Reform. Please note that as this is a re-advertisement, previous candidates who are still interested are encouraged to re-apply. The successful incumbent will be entitled to a level 7 salary amounting to R 242 475 annually.
The minimum educational requirement for this job is a Senior Certificate or a Certificate in Security Supervisory Management. Applicants are also required to be registered for Grade B PSIRA. It is also necessary for the candidates to have at least three years of security experience, including experience as a security guard.
The Principal Security Officer vacancy at Department of Rural Development and Land Reform requires applicants to have the following job related knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of departmental disaster management plan, control procedure, occupational health and safety act, minimum information security standards document and criminal procedure act
- Computer literacy
- Interpersonal relations
- Communication skills
- Exposure to supervisory skills
Additionally, candidates must also have a valid driver’s license and willingness to travel.
- Monitor and operate security equipment in the control room, such as public address, CCTV cameras, fire panel, and lift intercom
- Monitor working condition of security equipment in the control room
- Deactivate and activate security access cards
- Issue officials with access cards
- Maintain accurate record of data recording
- Record off and on duty shifts and incidents in the Occurrence Book
- Render fingerprint screening services
- Report all defaults on available safety and security equipment as well as systems
- Make sure the service level agreement is implemented
- Report identified breach of the agreement to supervisor
- Render inspections and patrols on security
- Make sure that clients exiting and entering the DRDLR premises are security screened
- Protect information, employees and property of the department
- Inspect all security registers, irregularities and aid as well as make an entry in the OB and report to supervisor
- Make sure regular patrols per site are rendered effectively
- Take part in the implementation of occupational health and safety act
- Escort visitors on the premises where necessary
- Oversee the movements of private as well as government garage vehicles in the parking area
- Prevent dangerous objects and unauthorised persons from entering the premises or building
- Provide access control during special events
- Render access control into holding rooms and plenary
- Escort VIPs
- Issue accreditation to stakeholders
- Take part in evacuation exercise during emergency situations
- Test functionality of all security equipment on regular basis
- Keep the exit points clear off any possible blockages
- Oversee guard services in terms of the service level agreements
How and When to Apply
Applications for the Principal Security Officer vacancy at Department of Rural Development and Land Reform must be forwarded no later than March 15, 2019 to: Private Bag X5007, Kimberley, 8302
Alternatively, hand-delivered applications are also acceptable: 6th floor, New Public Building, Knight and Stead Street, Kimberley, 8302.
Your application must include:
- Z83 application form
- A CV
- Original certified copy of ID, qualifications and driver’s license
Individuals with disabilities, Indian, Coloured and White females, and African, Coloured, White and Indian males are encouraged to apply.