The Department of Defence is now accepting applications for the Household Aid position. The successful incumbent will be positioned at Military Academy Saldanha. This job position is available to all individuals with at least a Grade 10 ABET level 1-4 qualification. If you are interested, applications for the Household Aid vacancy at Military Academy Saldanha are open until March 29, 2019!
Table of Contents
All interested applicants are required to quote the reference number of this post within their application form, 13/19/01. The qualified candidate will be entitled to a level two salary which amounts to R 96 549 annually. He/she will be stationed at Military Academy Saldanha and will be working under the Department of Defence. The minimum educational requirement needed for this position is a Grade 10 qualifications (ABET level 1-4). Applicants are not required to have previous working experience, although prior relevant experience related to this post will serve as an added bonus.
The Household Aid vacancy at Military Academy Saldanha requires candidates to have the following skills and competencies:
- Problem solving attitude
- Customer service orientation
- Good oral communication skills and written ability
- Quality control
- Organising and planning skills
- Organisational support
- Quality assurance
- Punctuality and attendance
Kindly note that the employing department dictates that English must be used the thread language.
- responsible for compiling and planning menus
- responsible for serving and preparing food
- responsible for maintaining tidiness and neatness as well as promoting welfare of occupants
- responsible for supplying clean linen as well as clothes to occupants
- responsible for catering for social gatherings, functions, and other events
- responsible for being a personal assistant to officials
- responsible for receipt of meal coupons, cash and control mass register
- responsible for allocating transit accommodation
- responsible for taking care of household equipment
- responsible for taking care of ill occupants such as ensuring they are provided with appropriate meals as well as clean sheets when required
Please forward your application via post to: HR Section, Military Academy, Private bag X2, Saldanha, 7395
You can also submit it via hand delivery to: HR Section Military Academy, Main Building Room 12, Frans Erasmus drive, Saldanha, 7395
Your application must consist the following important documents:
- Z83 application form
- A CV which must outline full particulars of your qualifications, particulars, experience and competencies
- Original certified copies of ID, and qualifications
Only applications submitted until March 29, 2019 will be taken into consideration. No late submissions will be regarded. This also applies to emailed and faxed application as well.
Kindly note that this ad is meant for the perusal or attention of all interested candidates, whether they are serving employees or officials of the Department of Defence or Public Service, persons employed outside the Public Service or unemployed individuals.
In case you wish to withdraw your submission, then you must have it done in writing. All sort of correspondence for the Household Aid vacancy at Military Academy Saldanha will be limited to shortlisted applicants. If you haven’t been acknowledged after three weeks after the closing date, please assume your application as unsuccessful.
Should you need more details on this post, you are free to consult: Capt R.C. Selomo Tel No: (022 702 3999)