As an organization that puts humanitarian first over everything, the United Nations World Food Programme has committed to participate. Its presence has been contributed to save lives in emergencies and provide food assistance to bring prosperity, stability and peace. More people can actually contribute, therefore, the United Nations vacancies are available for those who are passionate in helping others. If this is really your cup of tea, find out more information and details in the following.
Table of Contents
Position: Business Support Assistant
Recruiter: The United Nations World Food Programme
Location: Sunninghill, Johannesburg
Reference number: 139419
Salary: R22 611 – R35 608
Type of work: 12 months renewable contract
Generally, the core duties of a business support assistant will mainly be:
- Delivering a variety of business support processes and also activities for specific professional field of work
- Facilitating the effectiveness of service delivery
- Providing administrative support to the Regional Director and Deputy Regional Director
- Reporting directly to Special Assistant to Regional Director
However, there are some other responsibilities for a business support assistant has to handle but not all inclusive, as follows.
Administration and Office Management:
- Providing support to RD’s office
- Preparing, reporting, briefing notes, and conducting research
- Overseeing the maintenance of databases and records to make sure that all information is well-organized and available based on policies
- Preparing briefing materials for both RD/DRD for trips or meetings
- Making travel arrangement for RD/DRD including reservations, documents, and tickets
Coordination of activities for Regional Director’s office:
- Maintenance and support the RD/DRD in preparation and organization of meetings or workshops
RD/DRD assistance in Gender Dimension Activities:
- Providing inputs to gender policy
- Advising RD/DRD on gender issues and supporting the development of programming in related field
Communication and information dissemination:
- Providing full range of business support services
- Revising and reviewing documentation and correspondence
- Using feedback to improve business procedures and processes
Furthermore, these followings are the requirements that all applicants must possess in order to apply for the United Nations vacancies.
- Having completed the secondary school education is a must
- Having the minimum of four years of working experience in relative business stream and general administrative work is essential
- The applicants must have the fluency in both oral and written in English
- Having South African permanent residence permit is an obligatory
- Female applicants are encouraged to apply
In fact, your application will never be complete without the submission of these following documents.
- A complete CV
- An Identity document
- Proof of permanent residence permit
- Certified copies of education records
Applying for the United Nations vacancies can be done online. First you can visit this link. However, you have to register yourself before being able to proceed all the steps.
Moreover, make sure that you make no mistake during the registration and application. WFP has no tolerance for discrimination. Therefore, the company has full right to appoint or not appoint anyone based on their standards and policies.
Consequently, for more information about the recruitment and the company, feel free to visit http://www.wfp.org/videos/zero-hunger.
No application is acceptable after 3 March 2021 at 11:59 South African time. In other words, late application will get automatic disqualification.