Have you ever dreamt of being a traffic officer where you takes responsibility of the road traffic? Well, working as a traffic officer might bring great responsibilities to maintain the traffic control when necessary. If you are challenged to work in this field, fortunately, Umngeni Municipality vacancies grant your wishes.
Little did people know that uMngeni local municipality is an administrative area in KwaZulu-Natal. Although this is a small place, they have been growing the area to be more populous and also peaceful. In this following, there is all the detail that you might need to know further.
Table of Contents
Position: Traffic Officers
Recruiter: Umngeni Municipality
Location: Howick, KwaZulu-Natal
Salary: R205 328.40 – R266 52.20 per annum plus normal fringe benefits
As a traffic officer, most people might think that the only duty is to ensure the traffic control when it is necessary. In fact, there will be some other core responsibilities to handle every single day as follows.
- Being the Law Enforcement and Traffic Control officer in terms of the National & Provincial Road Traffic Act 93 / 1996
- Maintaining the law enforcement in terms of Municipal By-laws Ordinance 24/ 1974
- Aiding the administrative duties related to Traffic and Licensing when necessary
- Regulating traffic in the areas of congestion
- Making sure that the public safety has been maintained
- Conducting the speed enforcement operations
- Performing learners license examinations
- Having some radio control duties
- Taking part in regular checks, doing inspections, and attending to road infringement
- Issuing of warning, fines and serving of summonses on offenders
- Executing arrests for serious offences
- Pointing duty and traffic control when necessary
Similar to other jobs, there are some requirements which are very crucial for the applicants to possess.
- The applicants must be a Traffic Officer Diploma and Grade 12
- Having a valid code B/EB driver license is essential
- The applicants must have a valid Peace Officer Certificate
- Having the minimum of two to three years of working experience is compulsory
- Having the Certificate of Examiner for driving license will be another advantage
- Being in possession of E-Natis knowledge will be an advantage
- Those who previously disadvantaged with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Having completed these following documents is an obligatory for all applicants before applying for the Umngeni Municipality vacancies.
- An application form which is obtainable from umngeni.gov.za
- Certified copies of qualifications
- Copy of valid driver’s license
Moreover, the applicants have to send the application in a sealed envelope which clearly marked the relevant post and also the Department. Further, they can address it to Municipal Manager, uMngeni Municipality, PO Box 5, Howick, 3290.
Please note that the Department will never accept any fax applications. Late and incomplete applications will receive zero tolerance from the Department. Besides, when the applicants provide false information on the application, it will also result in disqualification.
For further enquiries related to the Umngeni Municipality vacancies, you can contact the respective Departments through the Switchboard number at (033) 23 99 200.
The department will only accept all applications before 12 March 2021.