If you are passionate about working in a municipality and you understand managerial tasks, then you should send your application for Transport, Roads, and Stormwater Manager position. The position may be challenging but it offers good opportunity for personal and also professional development of the candidates. If you are open to challenges and you aren’t afraid of obstacles, then this position may be the right one for you.
About the Position
The main responsibility of the Transport, Roads, and Stormwater Manager position is to plan, manage, and develop streets, road, sidewalks, storm water, and bridges infrastructure and systems. The position will also have to be responsible for controlling and directing the professional operational and technical outcomes associated with the function management.
The appointed candidate would be offered a salary from at least R 617 714.71 to maximum R 801 840.59. They will also get benefits of data and cellphone allowance as well as transport allowance.
They must have B Sc. Civil or Civil Engineering Degree or the relevant quivalent to NQF level 7
They must have the compliance in terms of Supply Chain and Financial Management areas in relation to Government Notice R493
Candidates with at least 6 years of experience are preferred. Experience between 6 to 8 years will get the advantage
Candidates with these extra qualifications will get the extra benefits:
- They must have their own transport and also Code EB valid driver license
- They must be computer literate – at least mastering MS Office program and its application
- They must be proficient in 2 (out of 3) official languages in Western Cape – in terms that they can speak, write, and read well
- They must have good human relations, communication, and interpersonal skills
- They must have good management skill
- They must have a good project and presentation management skill
- They must have a good understanding of performance and risk management
- They must have an excellent analytical skill
- They should have a good attention to detail
- They must be willing to work overtime, including during emergencies or after normal working hours
How to Apply
Interested candidates can get the application form at Bitou official website at www.bitou.gov.za. When they submit their application, they should accompany it with an original certified copy of South African ID document, an updated and comprehensive CV, certified copies of qualifications, and also a certified copy of driver’s license. They can send the application or hand deliver it to Bitou Municipality Human Resources Section at Private Bag X1002, Plettenberg Bay 6600. Be advised that successful candidate will start the role on August the 1st 2020.
The deadline is on April the 2nd 2020 at 2 PM. Be advised that late submission won’t be considered. Faxed or emailed application won’t be considered either. Candidates who want to learn more about the position can contact Mr. MJ Rhode, the Director Engineering Services, at 044 501 3261 or [email protected]. For those who want to learn more about the general matter still related to the Transport, Roads, and Stormwater Manager position can contact Ms L Clark or Mr J Williams at 044 501 3418.