Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
If you have the passion in mechanical field and you are into train so much, why not applying for Transnet Trainee Track Welder program? The program is aimed at fit and young applicants who want to learn more about the industry.
About the Position
The Transnet Trainee Track Welder program is created by Transnet Freight Rail for the position of Trainee Track Welder. This is a part of the Trainee Engineering department that would report to Production Manager. The welder would be placed in various locations so this would be a perfect opportunity for those who like working outdoor and traveling.
With reference number 50014232, this position is to train young trainee for 24months within permanent welding way sector. The idea is to teach the trainee Train Working Rules so they have the skills to become a professional Trade Hand L4. The possible placement areas are: Bloemhof, Standerton, Modimolle, Musina, Newcastle, Springs, and Bayhead.
By the end of the training period, trainees should be able to learn and understand:
- The procedures of Safe Working
- The general preventative and welding grinding
- The grinding and welding of turnout components
- The wielding exothermic grinding battered, skid marks, and rail ends
Qualification and Experience
In order to join the Transnet Trainee Track Welder program, trainees should have these qualifications:
- Grade 12 certificate or diploma with Maths
- The ability to comply with depth perception criteria
- Able to pass all modules within the Permanent Way Training program
- Free from acrophobia or fear of heights as well as claustrophobia or fear of confined spaces and places
- Have a driver license during the training period. They should be ready to get PDP too
- Physically fit and healthy
- The ability to comply with color perception and visual acuity test
- Able to pass sound hearing
- They should have the functional knowledge of equipment
- Able to perform fault finding and also maintenance on power equipment
- Good communication skills
- Good literacy and reading skill. Report writing skill in general is also an extra point
- Able to supervise people and perform practical maintenance
In terms of skills, trainees should possess these qualifications:
- People skill
- Conflict handling
- Writing and reading
- Technical skills
- Driver’s license possession
- Replacement of signal parts
- Maintenance of the signaling tools being used
Trainees are expected to have positive attitudes, such as empathy, quality awareness, safety orientation, and attention to detail. It would also be wise if they have a leadership quality and they can work in a team. A good determination, dedication, and professionalism would be a positive contribution and addition to the working environment.
How to Apply
Trainees can go to this site to send their application online. The deadline is on July the 29th 2019 so trainees are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Transnet representatives and employees have never asked for a fee from job seekers. In the event you find such a request, it is a fraudulent. If you find any suspicious activities related to the vacancy or this traineeship program, please contact 0800 003056. The Transnet Trainee Track Welder program is open to any qualified South Africans meeting the requirements