If you are looking to begin your career in the trade as an electrician, participating in an apprenticeship programme is a great way to give yourself a head start. You will be able to learn from experienced mentors and earn job experience that will make you stand out in the competitive labour market. Today, we have an opportunity for you! Transnet is starting the recruitment process for its Engineering Apprenticeship Programme for Electricians.
Transnet SOC Limited is a company that focuses on freight transportation. Its core business includes Transnet Freight Rail, Transnet Engineering, Transnet National Ports Authority, Transnet Port Terminals, and Transnet Pipelines. Joining such an established company to learn and gain experience can be very beneficial for your future career. If you want to train as Artisans, keep reading to find more information!
Position: Apprentice, Electrician (5 available positions)
Recruiter: Transnet Engineering
Reference Number: 3001577
As an Apprentice Electrician, you will be able to learn and earn experience by working and studying within the Transnet campus and company. Some responsibilities of this position include:
- Installing machines in the workshops
- Repairing and maintaining all buildings and machines
- Diagnosing problems such as mechanical fault, and conducting repairs on electro-hydraulic machines and motorized equipment.
- Conducting PM’s and reporting on defects
- Managing machines and equipment, and doing mechanical overhaul, modifications, and upgrades
Eligibility and Requirements
If you are interested to apply for the Transnet Engineering Apprenticeship Programme for Electricians, you need to have these qualifications and competencies in order to be eligible and increase your chance of success in the selection process:
- NTC2 with 4 relevant trade subjects all passed or
- Technical National Certificate Vocational Level 4 or higher with 7 subjects passed or
- Technical Matric Certificate including Pure Mathematics and Physical Science passed with relevant trade theory passed
Additionally, the following factors will affect the shortlisting process, please take note in order to increase your chance of being accepted:
- You must be a South Africa citizen
- Preference will be given to applicants under the age of 35
- You must not have any bursary obligation from other organizations during the application and training period
- Applicants with higher academic achievements will be given preference
- The selection process will follow the company’s Employment Equity Plan, Recruitment, and Selection Policy
Here are more important information that you should know before applying:
- The training will be commenced in the Transnet Faculty of Engineering Campus
- Transnet will not provide any accommodation or transportation assistance for the successful applicants
- Transnet does not guarantee permanent employment within Transnet upon completion of the programme. This is only a training and development opportunity.
Are you the right person for the Transnet Engineering Apprenticeship Programme for Electricians? Do not hesitate to apply, you will need to prepare the following documents:
- A cover letter indicating your choice of trade, which is relevant to your subjects
- A recently updated and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Certified copy of qualifications
- Certified copy of identification documents
Please apply through the official website by visiting this link.
Transnet and its employee and representative will never ask for a fee from jobseekers. Please be aware that such requests are fraudulent.
If you have enquiries or require more information regarding the application or recruitment process of Transnet Engineering Apprenticeship Programme for Electricians, you should submit your question in writing and send it to the following email address:
Finally, the application for Transnet Engineering Apprenticeship Programme for Electricians will end on November 19, 2021. Please make sure to send or deliver your application before then.
Please note that due to the limited time and managerial resources, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not receive a notification thirty (30) days after the closing date of the vacancy, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
We wish you luck with your application!