Starting a new career when you have no job experience can be difficult, especially for new graduates. Training is one of the best way to kickstart your career. Joining an apprenticeship programme lets you study from mentors and experts in their field, and earn real work experience at the same time. If you seek to pursue the trade artisan career as a welder, we have great news for you! Transnet is currently receiving submission for their Welder Apprenticeship Programme. There are a total of 10 positions available.
Transnet SOC Limited is a focused freight transport company delivering integrated, efficient, safe, reliable and cost-effective services to promote economic growth in South Africa. Transnet’s core businesses are: Transnet Freight Rail, Transnet Engineering, Transnet National Ports Authority, Transnet Port Terminals and Transnet Pipelines. Such an established company will surely help you learn and grow. Please continue reading if you want more information!
Position: Apprentice, Welder
Recruiter: Transnet Engineering
Reference Number: 3001573
In this programme you will be trained as artisans as a part of Transnet’s Human Capital Development Strategy. You will learn through various ways, from participating in training, to earning work experience by joining projects.
Eligibility and Requirements
Are you interested to join the Transnet Apprenticeship Programme in Welding? You will need to fulfil the following recruitment first, please check the list below:
- NTC2 with 4 relevant trade subjects passed or
- National Certificate (Vocational) Qualification NQF Level 3 or higher with relevant 7 subjects passed or
- Technical Matric including Pure Mathematics and Physical Science passed with relevant trade theory
Aside from that, there are other aspects that will determine your acceptance into the Welding Training Programme, please consider the following:
- You must be a South Africa citizen without any bursary obligation to other organizations
- Preference will be given to South African youths (under the age of 35)
- Outstanding academic results will help greatly in the selection process
- Selection process will follow the Company’s Employment Equity Plan, Recruitment and Selection Policy
- All training will be commenced at Transnet Faculty of Engineering Campus
- NO accommodation and transport assistance will be provided before, during and after completion of the
If you are interested to join the Transnet Welding Apprenticeship Programme, you will need to prepare the following documents:
- A cover letter indicating your choice of trade, this must be relevant to your subjects and qualifications
- A recently updated and comprehensive curriculum vitae (CV)
- Certified copies of your relevant qualifications
- Certified copies of your Identification Documents
In order to apply, please go to the official website by following this link. You must complete your profile, fill out all the necessary information on the form, and upload all the required documents.
If you have need more information or have any question regarding Transnet, or the application/recruitment process related to the Welder Apprenticeship Programme, please submit your question in writing to this email address:
Finally, Transnet will stop receiving new application for the Welder Apprenticeship Programme on November, 19 2021. The next step of the selection process will start, but if you are not contacted within thirty (30) days of the closing date from this advertisement, please consider your application unsuccessful.
We wish you luck on your application!