Are you looking for a vacancy in the medical or nursing industry? We have good news for you, today we are going to share a Research Nurse vacancy from the Aurum Group. Not only that, you will have a chance to improve the health and quality of life of people and the local community through preventive HIV vaccine research and education.
We have laid out all the information you need below, please continue reading!
Position: Research Nurse
Recruiter: Aurum Group
Location: Tembisa, Gauteng, South Africa
Reference Number: 2021/11/04/01
Salary: Market Related
Duration: 12 Months
As a Research Nurse, you will be responsible to provides professional research nursing service for the study participants and meeting study nursing requirements. This includes both clinical services and participant management.
We have the list of duties below so you can find out more about the Research Nurse position!
- Checking the summary of medical history during follow-up.
- Conducting physical examination on participants, including pap smears, pelvic, genital, and rectal examinations.
- Collecting blood samples and mucosal specimens for the laboratory.
- Conduct and provision of contraception/counselling.
- Monitoring vital signs and participants’ current pre-existing conditions.
- Managing participants to follow the protocols.
- Refer participants to clinicians when further examinations are required.
- Scheduling follow-up appointments of adverse in conjunction with the research clinician.
- Selecting and screening volunteers and potential study participants from the general target populations.
- Obtaining and documenting informed consent from volunteers when required
- Administration of behavioural questionnaires
- Compiling a thorough case report and data collection forms
- Performing daily quality assurance and correcting data
- Continuously monitoring the trial participants to ensure timeous reports on safety
Eligibility and Requirements
Are you interested to apply for the Research Nurse position? You will need several requirements, please check the list below:
- Qualification / Professional Membership
- Degree/Diploma in Nursing
- Diploma in Primary Health Care /Community Nursing
- Registration with South African Nursing Council as a professional nurse
- Research and GCP certificate an advantage
- Knowledge & understanding of treatment, care & management of HIV and STIs.
Aside from that, a relevant job experience is required to excel at this position, you will need:
- At least 3 years’ experience in HIV/AIDS and STI’s
- Experience in MS office package
Aurum group is looking to recruit like-minded people, you will need the following attributes to fit in with the team:
- Results Driven
- Deadline oriented
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
In accordance with the employment equity principles, preference will be given to internal applicants and candidates from previously disadvantaged backgrounds. Aurum also welcomes applications from all persons with disabilities
Are you the right person for this Research Nurse vacancy? Do not hesitate to submit your application!
You will need to prepare several documents such as:
- A cover letter
- Your recently updated and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of your qualifications
- Current and relevant references for background check purposes
You must apply digitally by filling out the form on their official website, visit it by following this link.
If you need more information or have any questions regarding the Research Nurse vacancy, the Aurum Insitute, or the recruitment process, you can visit their official website by following this link.
Finally, the closing date for this application is November 26, 2021. Please complete the online form and your application before that date!
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be interviewed. If you do not receive contact 21 days after the closing date, your application has been unsuccessful.