For those of you who have the passion in banking and want to learn more about the sector, you can consider about taking part in Standard Bank learnership programme. There are many benefits that you can gain from joining the programme. Not only you can get a direct exposure to the theoretical basic and foundation, but you can also enjoy the direct professional implementation and practice.
About the Programme
Standard Bank is one of the most professional and reputable companies in not only South Africa but also the world. As a company that continues growing and developing, they are always in search of promising individuals that can help the company grow, meet the business objectives, and also build positive customer loyalty and experience.
The programme will run for 18 months and it is a fixed term programme. Although these candidates don’t get salary, they will get a monthly learner allowance with the amount of R4000.00 a month during the learnership programme. There are various programmes that are generally offered, such as:
Candidates will gain some perks from joining the Standard Bank learnership programme:
- All successful candidates will have to sign an employment contract along with the learnership agreement.
- Upon the completion of the programme, the candidates will get an NQF 5 for Core Banking and Financial Services Qualification
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa that would be proven by legal ID document
- They must be between the age of 18 and 30 years old
- They must have a good command of English – in terms that they should be able to write, read, and speak English
- They must be computer literate
- They must be unemployed and don’t have the intention to take a part or full time study during the period of the learnership
- They must have a good and clear criminal record
- They must not take part in other learnership programmes
How to Apply
The process of sending the application and screening off the candidates is done online. Interested candidates are expected to come to the official site and log into the site. Once they have created their account, they can complete the application form.
Afterwards, they can complete the online appraisal and make sure to gain 60% of the markers. After they have passed the appraisal, they may be contacted and notified to execute and perform tests (competency-based type). When they have passed this stage, they need to be prepared to an interview or a face-to-face meeting.
There is unclear time period about the opening date and closing date of the programme. Although the programme is generally available on a yearly basis, it isn’t a guarantee that it is always offered every year. Interested candidates need to have a regular check to the official website so they can learn about the programme as well as the knowing the details of it.
Don’t forget to prepare the general supporting documents, such as a certified copy of ID document, a certified copy of Matric certificate, certified copies of qualifications, and such thing alike. Visit this link to learn more about Standard Bank learnership.