Students who want to continue their study in the banking industry and get the financial assistance while doing so can always consider about applying for South African Reserve Bank bursary for 2019 – 2020 period. This is a chance to pursue their dream and future career while getting the help from one of the best financial institutions in South Africa.
About The Program
SARB or South African Reserve Bank is the central bank in South Africa. Their main purpose is to maintain and monitor the price stability for the sake of country’s sustainable economic growth. The institution was founded in 1921 and it has existed for many decades. As the main central bank, it is responsible for making sure that South Africa’s financial, money, and banking system achieve community’s requirements. They are also responsible for helping South Africa’s government and keeping up to day with international development.
For the bursary program, the fields of subjects covered are actuarial science, accounting, law, economics, Mathematical Statistics, finance, and Information Technology. The financial help will be provided and given from the first study year to the completion period. Students won’t need to reapply each year.
Successful students may be asked to work at the bank within the period of time similar to the awarded bursary. They can also undertake a (paid) vacation work with SARB.
In order to be qualified for the South African Reserve Bank bursary program, all applicants must meet the required standard set by the admission board. For the minimum entry requirements, they must follow these standards:
- They should be the citizens of South Africa whose age is under 30 years
- They are at least currently in Matric or have completed Matric
- They need financial support to enable them attend university; otherwise, they won’t afford it
- They must come from disadvantaged background – proven from further documents
- They want to study full time in one of the aforementioned study fields
- They want to study within a South African’s recognized university
- They must achieve (a minimum) overall 70% average for their current study year
How to Apply
There are several ways for interested candidates to apply for the bursary. First of all, they can do the online application at this link with promo code SARB2020. Another method is to download the application form and complete it. It is in the pdf form.
When submitting the application form, don’t forget that you must also include clear copies of the supporting documents. Be advised that they need to be complete. If any of them is missing, your application would be automatically rejected. The supporting documents are:
- A certified copy of ID document
- A certified copy of Matric result. If you are currently in Matric, it should be June result
- A certified copy of Matric certified if you have completed it
- Proof of study acceptance within a recognized and reputable tertiary institution
- A motivational essay in 250 words
The hardcopy applications can be returned by:
- Post to Mr John Legoete, P.O. Box 30632, Braamfontein 2017
- Fax to 086 6097183
- Email to [email protected]
All of the documents must be submitted before the deadline at September 30th 2019. Any application submitted after the date will not be considered nor accepted. All questions concerning the South African Reserve Bank bursary program can be emailed at [email protected] or [email protected].