If you are interested in getting the knowledge in mining as well as having a direct application and working experience, then Sibanye Stillwater learnership can provide a way. The programme is available in Rustenburg and Kroondal. The company has provided several learnership programmes for the labor and local community members. The idea goes in line with the company’s business needs – as they also understand the importance of a full-time chance for the talented and the skilled.
Details of Learnership
Name of Programme: Trainee 18.2 (Bursaries for 2021)
Reference number: 498248
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: Rustenburg and Kroondal, North West
Categories: HR – Learning & Development
Sibanye Stillwater learnership programme (Trainee 18.2 Bursars) are offered to the candidates from local community and labour sending areas for a full- time study opportunity at Universities:
- Programme opens for candidates who want to pursue these degrees: National Diploma/BSc/ BComm/BEng/BTech and higher in these universities: University of Johannesburg or University of Pretoria or University of the Witwatersrand or North-West University;
- The fields of studys: mining, engineering, rock engineering, electrical, mechanical, metallurgy, geology, instrumentation, survey, finance and IT.
- Candidates must have a Grade 12 Matric Certificate with University Acceptance (Note: APS score of 23);
- Candidates are currently registered students in University with proof of registration for 2021 and latest academic record;
- Candidates could be matriculants (mid-year results and proof of registration and/or acceptance for 2021)
- Candidates must achieve at least English 5 (60 %+), Mathematics 5 (60 %+) and Physical Science 5 (60 %+);
- Candidates must show their proof of residence;
- Candidates should be declared fit (medically) for the environment as position as they need to undergo a risk-based medical checking and examination within the relevant Occupational Health Center at Sibanye Stillwater.
Candidates for Sibanye Stillwater learnership programme need to understand that they will have to go through an interview session and process, including psychometric assessment which would be considered crucial during the learnership allocation.
Keep in mind that the selection process won’t be easy as there are several stages that candidates need to follow. The process involves psychometric evaluation, application verification, and pre-screening stages. All candidates would be subject to South African Police Service’s clearance screening – which is required by the National Explosives Act.
Those who manage to pass the preliminary screen and be included in the short listed candidates are likely being asked to attend a (panel) interview and also psychometric evaluation. And those who are successful will get a writing notification by SSA Management. If you get no response at all, it is highly likely that you are unsuccessful for this programme.
Interested candidates please submit your application form through this link and then upload your copies of qualification, record of service, certified copies of ID, and CV online.
In general, the application closing date is on November the 20th 2020. Please be advised that incomplete applications won’t be processed or considered for the selection. If you want to learn more, go to this link to learn more about the Sibanye Stillwater learnership programme (Trainee 18.2 Bursars).
If you have any enquiries related to Sibanye Stillwater Learnership (Trainee 18.2 Bursars), don’t hesitate to contact these numbers:
Recruitment Person : Lyllian Ndlovu
Recruiter’s contact number : 014 495 2580