Shoprite Bursary is open and available for several programs, intended and aimed to help students reach their dream despite their inability to afford the education. If you are a student who want to have a future career in the retail industry and you want to get the financial support to help you with the study, this program is definitely helpful.
About the Program
Shoporite is one of the biggest retail chains in South Africa, owning 270 stores all over 16 African countries as well as the Indian Ocean Islands. Through the program, they are seeking for students who want to work for them after they graduate. Through the program, they are offering once in a lifetime chance for the employers having the passion for the professional industry.
The program has an aim to attract as well as providing funds for Innovative Programmers having the vision and passion to ensure dynamic outputs and outcome within the area known for the ongoing change. For the period of 2019-2020, they are offering bursaries in these study fields:
- BPharm for first year students
- Retail Business Management for BTech or first, second, or third year students
- Supply Chain/Logistics for first, second, or third year students
The value of the bursaries ranges from R30 000 to R60 000, depending on the institution and study course. The bursary covers prescribed books, accommodation allowance, and tuition fee. Keep in mind that the bursary is followed by work-back mandatory requirement. For every year covered by the program, you are required to work at Shoprite within the same amount of time.
Here are some of the general requirements for all of the Shoprite Bursary programs:
- You should be the citizen of South Africa who have completed Matric or currently within Matric
- If you are currently in Matric, you must achieve an overall minimum average of 70%. If you are currently studying, you must achieve an overall minimum average of 60%
For each field, there are some extra requirements
- Supply Chain/Logistics: You have the intention to study toward these qualifications of BSc Operational Research or Logistics (Quantitative) Management or the equivalent
- Retail Business Management: You have the intention to study toward these qualifications of National Diploma Retail Business or the equivalent
- BPharm: You have the intention to study to the BPharm qualification within 2020.
The Application Process
The application only happens online at this link
You will have to register first at Shoprite Career portal at this link
When you have done it, you need to login at this link
Don’t forget that each field has its own reference number – and the number should be mentioned in your application.
- BPharm (190710-4)
- Retail Business Management (190709-4)
- Supply Chain/Logistics (190710-3)
When you submit the application, don’t forget to attach these supporting documents (this is a crucial and compulsory step) that may include:
- A certified copy of ID document
- A certified copy of Matric latest result (if you are currently in Matric)
- A certified copy of Matric certificate (if you have completed Matric)
- A certified copy of the latest (tertiary) academic record (if you are currently at the tertiary level)
- Make sure that you have included them all or your application won’t be considered
In general, the deadline for Supply Chain/Logistics and Retail Business Management fields is on September the 30th 2019. For the Pharmacy subject, it is on October the 31st 2019. Be advised that any late submission for the Shoprite Bursary program won’t be accepted and it will be automatically disregard.