If you meet the requirements of disadvantaged community who seeks an opportunity to continue your study without having to deal with financial hardship, then SEDISA Trust bursary can be your good option. The idea of the financial support is to provide an opportunity to unfortunate students (financially struggling students or those coming from disadvantaged groups) so they can reach their dreams to get the higher level of education that they want. The program is to help them so they have a better career and also better future.
Table of Contents
About the Program
SEDISA (which is a Black Woman Owned Education Trust) is a part of KAEFER Thermal Contracting Services that was founded in 2010.The trust itself was created to empower black women in South Africa by helping them get a higher tertiary education. The bursary is one way to help them get the education they want as well as empowering them through their hardship and situation. The candidates are generally academically potential young women who have strong and promising academic records.
The SEDISA Trust bursary is available on a yearly basis. The financial award is given to South African black women students from disadvantaged background or community with impressive academic records. There are preferences given to those taking the following subjects:
- Civil Engineering
- Quantity Surveying
- Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
The bursary will cover for the important expenses such as accommodation, textbooks, and tuition fees. The admission board will contact the shortlisted candidates so the candidates can have the interview session with the SEDISA Trustee members. In the event that you don’t get any feedback (or you haven’t been contacted) after 2 weeks from the submission deadline, then you should consider your application to be unsuccessful.
The candidates to SEDISA Trust bursary program need to meet the basic requirements, which may include:
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa
- They must come from financially disadvantaged family or background
- They must be black (female) students
- They must have a strong and impressive strong academic record
- They must be registered within one of the study fields mentioned before
How to Apply
Be advised that application will take place online. Interested candidates need to go to this link. They need to complete the form as well as providing the supporting documents (these documents need to be uploaded or attached to the form). The documents include:
- A certified copy of South African ID document
- A certified copy of Matric certificate
- A certified copy of the latest or the most updated academic transcript
- A proof for the tertiary registration
- The tertiary institution’s fee statement
- Lists of the costs related to the study (prescribed books, tuition fees, accommodation, etc)
- A comprehensive and updated CV
- A motivational letter containing the reasons why the candidates believe that they deserve the financial support. And also how the bursary will make the difference to their lives
The deadline is on February the 15th 2020. Candidates who want to know further about the SEDISA Trust bursary program can contact the provider at [email protected].