Applications are now invited for the Security Officer vacancy at Department of Water and Sanitation. This is actually a re-advertisement and previous candidates who are still interested must re-apply. This position is situated within the department’s Corporate Management branch for the Auxiliary Services Chief Division.
Interested candidates must include the reference number of this advert within their application form, 051018/10. The Security Officer vacancy at Department of Water and Sanitation offers a level 4 salary amounting to R 136 800 annually. The future qualified applicant will be stationed in Pretoria. In order to be eligible for the position, all candidates are required to hold a Senior Certificate as the minimum requirement along with a valid Grade C registration with PSIRA. Applicants are also expected to have 2 or 3 years of prior security experience in the private or government sector. It would be an added advantage if candidates also have a driver’s license as well.
Job Related Knowledge
- Access control procedures
- Security movement and measures of stores and equipment
- Prescribed security procedures such as NSA, MISS, PAIA, MPSS as well as the authority of security officers available within the documents
- OHS procedures (including experience)
- Ability to work long hours and under pressure
- Ability to conduct report writing
- Ability to render control room duties and investigations
- Riot control skills
- Fire prevention and first aid competencies
- Effective communication skills
- Good evacuation and searching skills
- Be responsible for supervising security access control
- Make sure that unauthorised documents and equipment do not enter or leave the building premises
- Make sure that all incidents are recorded in the occurrence registers or books
- Take part in OHS matters
Interested candidates must submit their applications via post to: the Department of Water and Sanitation, Private Bag X350, Pretoria, 0001
As an alternative, applications can also be forwarded by hand delivering it to: 285 Continental Building, Corner of Visagie and Bosman Street, Pretoria
Your application will be taken into consideration provided it is not submitted after October 5, 2018. Please include the following documents within your application:
- Z83 application form which must be dated and signed
- A thorough CV
- Certified copies of educational and relevant qualifications and ID document
- A SAQA evaluation result of foreign qualification if you have any
No incomplete, late, faxed or emailed submission will be regarded. If you have not heard anything from the hiring department in the timespan of two months after the closing date, please take it to mean your application being unsuccessful.
Preference for the Security Officer vacancy at Department of Water and Sanitation will be given to previously disadvantaged groups. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to submit an application for this post. This also applies to individuals who are not working at the Public Service Departments.
Kindly note that the Department of Water and Sanitation holds the right not to make any sort of appointment.
Should you have any queries, please refer to: Mr JT Mashaba, Tel No: 012 336 7675