Two positions are open now for the Investigator vacancies at IPID (Independent Police Investigative Directorate) at the Provincial Office located in the Western Caper and Kwa-Zulu Natal. An ND or degree is not mandatory. If you have the right qualifications, apply today!
Please quote the relevant reference number for the position you are applying for on your application form:
- Bellville provincial office (Western Cape): Q9/2018/34
- Durban (Kwa-Zulu Natal): Q9/2018/35
The qualified applicants will receive salary amounting to R 242 475 annually. The figure will be higher than this one as stipulated in Section 23 of the IPID Act.
In order to be entitled to the Investigator vacancies at IPID, candidates must hold either a Grade 12 certificate/ equivalent NQFL 4 or a relevant degree or diploma in policing or law. Additionally, it is required that you have sufficient knowledge of Criminal procedure, criminal law as well as law of evidence for they will be essential for consideration. Note that, it is also mandatory that candidates possess a valid code 8 driver’s license and the ability to drive a motor vehicle relevant to that class.
Competencies and skills:
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent skills in interviewing, verbal and written communication and report writing
- Willing to undergo a firearm test and be fit and competent to handle such thing
- Willing to work long hours and on standby
- Problem solving skills
- Analytical thinking
- Excellent decision making skills
- Customer focus
- Client orientation
- Result driven
- Register, receive and allocate cases
- Attend post mortems and crime scenes
- Safeguard, collect and process exhibits at crime scenes
- Render interviews with witnesses and suspects as well as obtaining affidavits
- Advise the victims or next of kin along with other relevant stakeholders in terms of investigation progress
- Handle stakeholders
- Render investigations of cases of misconduct against police members and alleged criminality in accordance with Section 28 of the IPID Act
- Render seizures, searches and collection of proofs, etc.
- Collect investigation reports as well as memoranda with recommendations to the SAPS and director of public prosecutions for consideration to take proper disciplinary action or to prosecute
- Type and draft investigation reports at the end of every investigation
- Update the status of every case on the database electronically
Interested candidates must include the following important documents within their applications:
- Z83 application form, on which the reference number (Q9/2018/33) must be quoted. The form must be completed in full, dated and signed
- A CV
- Recently certified copies of ID document, qualifications and a driver’s license. The certificate must be in the last three months after the publication of this post.
- A copy of permanent residence permits for applicants who are non-RSA citizens or with permanent resident permit holders
- A SAQA evaluation report for applicants with foreign qualifications
Forward your application via post to: Independent Police Investigative Directorate, Private Bag X43, Bellville, 7535
You can also hand deliver it at: Fintrust Building, First floor, Corner of Petrusa & Mazzur Streets, Bellville, 7530
The closing date for the Investigator vacancies at IPID is on October 8, 2018 and no late, incomplete, emailed or faxed submission will be regarded.
For attention: Mr GJ Trussell @ 021 941 4800 and Ms Claudine Lupke@ (031) 310 1300