Applications are now invited for the Security Officer vacancy at Department of Health. The open position is available for the Corporate Services branch within the Security Services directorate. Please include the reference number of this advert, 56 NDOH/2018 within your application form.
Qualified incumbent will receive salary amounting to R 136 800 annually along with competitive benefits. This open position is situated in Pretoria. In order to be eligible, you must hold at least a Grade 12 certificate or its NQF level 4 equivalent certificate. It is also expected that you have Grade C PSIRA certificate.
The Security Officer vacancy at Department of Health requires all candidates to have the following knowledge:
- Access of control procedures
- Measures for the movement and control of stores and equipment
- Knowledge (and application) of prescribed security procedures such as MPSS, MISS as well as Protection of Information Act
- Any relevant emergency procedures
Essential skills and competencies
- Ability to render good verbal and written communication
- Interpersonal relations
- Well-developed writing skills
- Client services
- Render access control functions such as:
- Determining whether visitors have appointments or the service that the visitor needs
- Escorting visitors to relevant venues and employees where necessary
- Make sure safety in the building as well as the premises such as:
- Undertaking premises or building patrols
- Applying emergency procedures
- Alerting departmental management and emergency services
- Make sure that documents, equipment, and stores do not enter or leave the premises or building unauthorised including:
- Ensuring that no assets, stores and equipment of the department leave the building unauthorised
- Completing the register
- Inspecting vehicles leaving and entering the premises
- Make sure that all incidents are recorded in the occurrence registers or books
How to Apply
Preference will be given to female or male candidates from Coloured / Indian / White communities along with persons with disabilities.
Please include the following important materials within your application:
- Z83 application form
- A completed CV with must detail previous experience comprehensively
- Certified copies of ID, qualification certificates as well as driver’s license if applicable. Note that the certification must not exceed three month time frame
- A SAQA evaluation report for foreign qualifications (if any)
Submit via post to: The Director-General, National Department of Health, Private Bag X828, Pretoria. 0001
Or, hand deliver at Reception (Brown application Box), Civitas Building, corner of Thabo Sehume (formerly known as Andries) and Struben streets, Pretoria
The application closing date for the Security Officer vacancy at Department of Health is on December 10, 2018 at 12:00. Late submission including faxed and emailed ones will not be taken into consideration. Therefore it is your responsibility as an applicant to ensure a timely submission.
For attention please refer to: MS M Shitiba
If you have yet to receive any correspondence after three months since the closing date, please accept the fact that your application was unsuccessful.
In case you need further assistance regarding the application process or more details about this vacancy, please refer to: Mr RP Mphilo at (012) 395 – 9365