Applications are now invited for the Secretary vacancy at the Department of Rural Development and Land Reform. Interested candidates are only required to hold a Grade 12 certificate in order to be eligible or any training qualification which will enable the qualified applicant to perform satisfactory work. If you think you are qualified then apply today!
The successful incumbent will be working under the Property Management directorate. The Secretary vacancy at the Department of Rural Development and Land Reform offers an attractive level 6 salary which amounts to R 196 407 per annum. This job will station the successful candidate in Cape Town, Western Cape. If you don’t’ have a Grade 12 certificate which should be submitted as the minimum eligibility criteria, you are also allowed to submit any training course or qualification. Candidates are also expected to have relevant experience in a secretarial environment.
This position requires all applicants to have the following job related skills and knowledge:
- Advanced computer literacy such as powerpoint, MS word, MS excel, and Outlook, etc.
- Good telephone etiquette
- Good people and organisational skills
- Ability and willingness to work irregular hours and work under pressure
- Ability to communicate well with people from different backgrounds and at different levels
- Good language skills
- High level of reliability
- Basic written communication skills
- Ability to act with discretion and tact
Once you are qualified for the job, below are some of the duties you can expect to be involved in:
- Provide receptionist and secretariat support service to the director
- Refer and receive the calls to the relevant role players
- Diary management
- Operate office equipment
- Typing of documents for the managers and the director in the unit
- Provide clerical support to the director
- Arrange events and meetings for the staff and the director within the unit
- Manage travel arrangement and liaise with travel agencies for the director
- Process all invoices for the directorate
- Process the subsistence and travel claims for the directorate
- Minute taking
- Routine drafting of correspondence and reports
- Administration and filing of telephone accounts and leave registers
- Distribute all outgoing and incoming documents
- Procurement of standard items such as refreshments, stationery, etc
- Stay up to date with the policies or prescripts as well as procedures applicable to the work environment in order to make sure effective and efficient support to the director
- Keep abreast with the processes and procedures that apply in the director office
How to Apply
Applications for the Secretary vacancy at the Department of Rural Development and Land Reform can be submitted online here. should you experience any difficulties in processing and submitting your application, technical support is available from Graylink at 8:30 until 17:00 from Monday to Friday at 021 424 8677.
Your application can also be sent via post to: Private Bag X10, Mowbray, or Hand delivered at 1st floor No. 14 Long Street, Cape Town
Please include the following documents within your application:
- Z83 application form. Indicate the reference number of this advert here (3/2/1/2018/249)
- Certified copies of qualifications, ID documents and work permit or permanent residency (certification must be within 12 months)
Applications received after August 24th, 2018 will not be considered.