Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Applications are now invited for the Secretary vacancy at Personnel Service School in Thaba Tshwane. The hiring department is calling all individuals with skills in and passion for secretarial career to apply. Please quote the reference number of this post within your application form, 11/19.
The successful incumbent will receive a level 5 salary which amounts to R 163 563 annually. The Department of Defence is looking for all candidates with at least a Grade 12 or Senior certificate in order to be eligible (with typing as a subject or any other qualification or training course which will enable the applicant to render the work satisfactorily).
The special requirements or skills needed for the position are as follows:
- Computer literacy
- Language proficiency in English, both verbal and written
- Ability to render various tasks and work under pressure
- Good telephone etiquette
- Good interpersonal skills
- High level of reliability to act with discretion and tact
- Good communication skills
- Good time management
- Be punctual, presentable and reliable
Once you are qualified for the job, below are some of the job desks that come with being appointed in the Secretary vacancy at Personnel Service School in Thaba Tshwane.
- Conduct efficient and effective secretarial services to the commandant
- Render minute-taking in commandant’s meetings
- Be responsible for typing various documents, such as memos, agendas, reports and letters
- Be responsible for maintaining and handling the commandant’s diaries, control files, and correspondence
- Be responsible for taking messages and processing telephone calls
- Render the arrangement of entry authorisations
- Receive visitors and serve refreshments
- Arrange appointments, meetings, flights, accommodation as well as transport
- Act as a secretary when needed and necessary
- Make sure the commandant receives agendas as well as minutes in a timely manner
- Be responsible for administering travel and substance allowances for the commandant
- Remind the commandant of the appointments and other scheduled meetings along with the submissions of documents
- Make sure the office is tidy and inventory is updated and maintained
- Make sure malfunctioning and faulty equipment in the office are taken care of
- Route, register, receive and file correspondence accordingly, such as minutes, agendas, etc.
How to Apply
Applications for this post must be directed no later than March 15, 2019 via post to: Department of Defence, Personnel Service School, Private Bag X1024, Thaba Tshwane, 0143
Alternatively, it or may be hand delivered to no: 7 Andries Pretorius Street, Thaba Tshwane, Pretoria.
Applications that do not contain the following documents will not be regarded:
- A z83 application form
- A CV that must outline full particulars of training, qualifications, experience, knowledge and competencies
- Original certified copy of ID document, and all qualifications
Failure to include these supporting materials will lead to your application being disregarded.
If you haven’t heard from the hiring department in three months after the deadline, you may assume your application as unsuccessful.
Should you need further information regarding the Secretary vacancy at Personnel Service School in Thaba Tshwane, please contact: Commander T.C. Mhlongo Tel No: (012) 674 4695 Lieutenant Commander M.E. Munyai Tel No: (012) 674 4767