Another division in national government in South Africa that is offering a position is South African Police Service (SAPS). It is actually a national police force of South Africa which has been appointed in each province. They are currently opening up SAPS vacancies for those who put interest to work as a secretary.
When you want to have good experience before working in another place, it will be a good foundation for the company to consider. Moreover, here is the complete detail of the vacancies to consider before applying.
Table of Contents
Recruiter: South African Police Service (SAPS)
- Office of the Section Head: Contract Management: Supply Chain Management (Silverton, Pretoria)
- Office of the Section Head: Procurement Management: Facility Management (Silverton, Pretoria)
- Office of the Section Head: Contract Management: Supply Chain Management (Silverton, Pretoria) – SCM95/2021
- Office of the Section Head: Procurement Management: Facility Management (Silverton, Pretoria) – SCM96/2021
Salary: R173 703 per annum (level 05)
The core responsibilities and duties of a secretary can be elaborated in the following.
- Providing the secretarial support functions to the Section Head
- Typing reports, letters, and memoranda
- Monitoring flow of documents to and from the office of the Sections Head
- Managing the diary of both internal and external engagement of Section Heads
- Aiding support during for any meetings and workshops including the office of the Section Heads
- Responding to telephone calls and replying to messages professionally
- Handling routine correspondence including sending and receiving emails and faxes
- Distributing the correspondence and circular to relevant stakeholders and keeping the register of both incoming and outgoing post up be up-to-date
- Coordinating travel arrangements including the accommodation and subsistence allowances
- Maintaining an updated filling systems for the office
In order to check whether you are eligible or not for the SAPS vacancies, these requirements are obligatory to have.
- Having Senior Certificate (Grade 12) or National Certificate (vocational) is crucial
- The applicants must be able to perform the competencies in post-specific functions of the available posts
- Having the fluency in two languages including English is a must
- The applicants must be the citizen of South Africa
- Having no criminal records or pending cases will be compulsory
- Having relevant experiences in relevant field will be an advantage
- The applicants will have to agree through vetting process including the security screening and fingerprint verification
- Having the competency in dealing with Ms Word, Excel and PowerPoint will be a plus
- People who retired because of medical reasons may apply if they can provide recent proof of recovery
Furthermore, these following documents should be sent if you want to take part in SAPS vacancies.
- Application form
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Uncertified copy of Identity Document
- Senior Certificate
- Related educational qualifications
- Academic record
Following the procedures applied by the government, applicants can send their application through email to [email protected] or [email protected]. As a suggestion, you should not send another different correspondence after the submission.
Alternatively, applicants can also hand deliver their application to The Divisional Commissioner: SCM, 117 Cresswell Road (cnr Cresswell and Pretoria Road), Silverton, Pretoria. Meanwhile, if you send it through posts, you can send to The Divisional Commissioner: SCM, Human Resource Management, Private Bag X254, Pretoria, 0001 (for attention PPO Chetty).
In addition, had you had some queries about the SAPS vacancies, you can contact PPO Chetty through telephone number at (012) 841 7876 or PO Kola at (012) 841 7456.
Finally, the closing date for SAPS vacancies as secretary will be on 12 March 2021 at 14.00.