The largest hospital in the world which approximately has more than 425 buildings to rely on in South Africa is Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital. As around 70% admissions to this hospital are emergencies with most cases are gunshots. As there might be times that the hospital can’t take more patients, more drivers are needed to transport the patients to other hospital. Therefore, driver vacancies are now available to ensure the life of the patients to get treated properly.
In this following, you can find a lot of information about the vacancies and how to apply for the job. Keep on reading to find out more.
Table of Contents
Job Title: Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital Vacancies
Recruiter: Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital
Location: Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital (CHBAH)
Salary: R122 595 – R144 411 per annum (level 3)
Reference number: CHBAH 365
As a driver, there are some core responsibilities that the applicants will deal with in daily basis.
- Executing all authorized transportation trips for the patients, staffs, linen, and records to relevant destinations
- Checking both the condition and level of water, fuel, oil, and also tires before using
- Completing the inspections form of vehicle when there are dents and scratches
- Reporting any dents and also scratches found on the vehicles
- Reporting and completing the accident reports occurred right after motor vehicle accident
- Making a report about any defects on the vehicles to the supervisor
- Being responsible for safekeeping of keys vehicles
- Maintaining the vehicle in clean and good condition before returning the keys after shift
- Reporting the low fuel level to the Despatcher after your shift
- Complying with the Occupational Health and Safety Act prescripts and procedures at all times
- Attending to any enquiries in professional manner
- Completing the vehicle lock book
- Promoting the safekeeping of the vehicles from damages
- Complying with the rotation roster
- Adhering to all legal instructions and time lines
- Attending meetings and also training which have been approved by the supervisor
- Transporting the patients to various hospitals
Hereby, this position of driver vacancies has some requirements to fulfill as follows.
- Abet level 4 or Grade 10
- Applicants must have Code 10/C1 driver’s license (it must be 3 years and older) with valid PDP permit of drivers
- Having the minimum of three years of working experience as driver
- Having the knowledge in Batho Pele Principals is a must
- The applicants must have basic knowledge of legislative framework and processes in relation to handling of vehicles
- The applicants must have the ability to work under pressure and work independently
- Having the ability to engage in intensive labour practices is essential
- The applicants must have good customer skills and competencies
- The applicants must be able to work in shifts, during public holidays, and night duty
- All applicants must prepare themselves to go through drivers testing and also medical surveillance as one of the requirements
Meanwhile, some other documents are also necessary to submit and attach during the application.
- Identity Documents
- Copies of qualifications including the Matric Certificate and relevant council registration certificate
- Proof of current registration (where applicable)
- Relevant service certificates
- Application form in the form of a new Z83 form which is obtainable from any Public Service Department or through dpsa.gov.za/documents
Furthremore, after three months and you have not heard anything from the company, please consider that your application was unsuccessful. All applicants who have been shortlisted will go through PSC (Personnel Suitability Checks) and also verification. In addition, the verification includes the reference checks with three contactable references, identity verification, qualifications verifications, and also criminal and credit records checks.
For further information and enquiries, Ms. J. van Rensburg is available to contact at (011) 933 8756. Needless to say, it will be better to contact during the working hours.
No application will be accepted after 5 March 2021. Therefore, submit your application early will put yourself in safety.