SAPPI careers: learnership or trainee programmes are available for potential candidates who are willing to work hard and brave enough to dwell to a new industry and professional environment. The company has a deep dedication to contribute to South African growth and development. If you join the learnership (process trainee) programme, there are a lot of insights to gain. If you take part in the career sectors, you will improve both your professional and personal skills to the highest level.
About SAPPI Trainee
SAPPI Limited was originally founded in 1936. It is a pulp and paper company that runs a global operation. Originally, the company was set up to serve (South African) consumers with the high-quality paper that is produced locally. The company has been around for a while and they have come up with various technologies that aren’t protecting their consumers but also improving the quality of the productions. They have specialty papers, tissue papers, packaging papers, writing papers, uncoated printing, and so much more.
SAPPI is short for South Africa Pulp and Paper Industries, and they have the purpose to give back to the community through their various programmes. Besides SAPPI careers and vacancies, SAPPI Ngodwana Mill now is offering process trainee programme within their industry based at the Ngodwana Mill.
SAPPI Learnership Requirements
SAPPI has their own conditions and terms when it is related to SAPPI careers: learnership or trainee programmes. Since they are professional and they deliver professional outcome, the try regulating the programs through learnership agreement (or a formal contract) between the training provider, the candidates, and the employer.
The learnership program is governed and based on Skills Development Act (1998, Act 97) and it is in line with the SETAs (Sector Education and Training Authorities) procedures and policies. Based on the Act, the employer isn’t obliged to hire the learner when the program ends.
The detailed requirements are based on the each subject and field, but the general requirements are:
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa;
- They must include the CV and certified copies of supporting documents;
- They must have completed Grade 12 (Math’s and Physical Science) or N3 Pulp and Paper;
- Applicants with N3 Waste and Water Treatment will be an added advantage.
The Processing Stages
In general, here are the stages when the company starts with advertising their positions and to the recruitment process:
- They announce vacant position or the application period for the programme;
- They advertise the programme or position and have their HR department ready;
- They receive applications and start with the initial screening process;
- They narrow down the numbers of candidates and have interviews;
- They begin with assessment periods for the potential candidates;
- They start filling the position by doing proper placement.
To apply for this trainee programme, you can follow this link then click APPLY button in the right bottom of the page.
The closing date for SAPPI process trainee programme is on 22 September 2020.
Be advised that the SAPPI careers and learnership programmes generally happen on a yearly basis. The latest opening and closing dates need to check regularly on the SAPPI career page. If you want to have further information about the SAPPI learnership and careers, send an email to this link.