South African Maritime Safety Authority, SAMSA, is a government agency in South Africa. Established on 1 April 1998, probably most of South African are willing to wait for Samsa vacancies for a lot of experience the agency could offer. Samsa is currently providing opportunities for the position of an admin clerk. This opportunity will be given to those who have already had some experiences in related field.
In order to boost and promote the development of maritime and marine environment, more admin clerks are needed to hire. Working as an admin clerk means that you will deal with archives, administrative duties, general support, and also client liaison. As it sounds complicated for beginners, Samsa seeks skillful applicants who will fit into the requirements as follows.
Table of Contents
Job title: Samsa Vacancies Admin Clerk
Position: Admin Clerk
Recruiter: SAMSA (South African Maritime Safety Authority)
Location: Cape Town
Type of work: Permanent
- Administrative Support
- Being responsible for doing the capturing and scanning tasks related to Deck, Engineering, and also Radio applications
- Typing certificated properly and correctly
- Arranging for parcels before sending and collecting
- Assisting the Seamen book applications
- Client Liaison
- Assisting the clients at the front counter
- Directing the clients through telephone
- Assisting clients to other appropriate staff members
- Assisting the maintenance of all office files based on the Samsa file plan
- General Support
- Being responsible for keeping up all the office stationery and furniture
- Checking stocks
- Replenishing stocks when necessary
Before applying for this vacancy, there are some requirements to fulfill as seen in the following.
- The applicants must have a Matric (Grade 12)
- The National Certificate of NQF level 5 is compulsory
- The applicants must have the proficiency in operating Microsoft, especially Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, and also Microsoft Outlook
- Having the minimum of three years working experience in administrative is a must
- The applicants must be able to have planning and organizing skills
- Having time management skills is compulsory
- Communication and interpersonal skills are also important for the applicants to have
- Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply
To complete the application processes, here are some documents to prepare by the applicants as follows.
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Copies of academic records
If you have considered that yours is already completed and there is no missing document, you can send the documents to [email protected]. You have to keep in mind that late submission will not get the job.
During the selection processes, the shortlisted candidates will have to go through some assessments. Moreover, they are the psychometric and other assessments to follow. Unless you need to take part in the test, you can conclude your application unsuccessful. Besides, if you have not heard anything from the agency one month after the closing date, you can deem that your application was not successful.
For further enquiries, you can contact +27 (0) 21 421 6170 or fax +27 (0) 21 419 0730. Alternatively, you can send some questions through email in [email protected].
The closing date for these Samsa vacancies is on 8 February 2021. However, it would be much better when you have submitted your application early.