A learnership program is meant to improve the skills and qualifications of the participants in terms of theoretical platforms and professional experience, and it isn’t different from Safcol Learnership program. If you want to achieve a professional and skilled expertise in your working sector, you can expect to take part in it on a yearly basis. Naturally, you need to meet the requirements and make sure that you are qualified for the job.
Table of Contents
About the Program
Safcol Leanership program are designed for unemployed youth whose age ranges from 18 years to 35 years. Those who want to continue their career in Forestry and gain a valuable experience can take part in the program. The successful candidates would be given the chances to join the program for one year (12 months) where they can gain NQF Level 3 qualification once they complete the program. Within one year, the candidates will take part in accredited practical and also theoretical training.
The participants will get a monthly stipend during the learnership period. But for the screening process, the preference would be granted to (previously) disadvantaged people or people with disabilities, youth from the communities where Safcol made agreement to, and black female. The process would be based on the official training center that is located in Sabie in Mpumalanga Province. Although there is no guarantee for permanent employment, candidates would gain the valuable experience and also skills needed for better career and future.
There are general requirements for this Safcol Learnership program:
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa – proven by a valid and legal ID document
- They must be between 18 and 35 years old
- They must be unemployed and they don’t have any plan to take a (full or part time) study during the learnership period
- They must have a Matric certificate
- They must have the passion and interest for Forestry Environment
- They must be willing to work outdoor
- They must be physically fit and healthy
How to Apply
Interested candidates are expected to complete or fill in the application form. When they submit the form, they are expected to include the supporting documents of:
- A CV
- A certified copy of Matric certificate or statement of symbol
- A certified copy of ID document
- Certified copies of qualifications
The application can be submitted in several different ways:
- Via post. The application is addressed to Platorand Training Center, Komatiland Forests, Private Bag X526, Sabie, 1260
- Via email. It is addressed to [email protected]
The program is generally offered on a yearly basis but the details of the opening date (as well as the closing date) are unclear. If you are interested in the program, you should have a regular check at the official website.
Be advised that contacts are only made to the shortlisted successful candidates. If you haven’t been contacted within 30 days after the deadline, consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Candidates who want to learn further about this Safcol Learnership program or they have further questions about the details, they can contact Victoria Mashele at 083 677 0911.