Applications are now invited for the Registry Clerk vacancy at Department of Mineral Resources. The hiring department is looking for a candidate who will be willing to be stationed in the Mpumalanga Region, in Witbank. If you think you’ve got what it takes to work in this position, submit your application today!
Table of Contents
Please, include the reference number of this post within your application form, DMR/18/0068. The future incumbent will receive a level five salary which is worth R 163,563 per annum. In order to be qualified for the job, interested applicants are required to have at least a Senior Certificate accompanied by relevant experience in Government Administration. Furthermore, candidates are also expected to be in possession of a valid driver’s license.
The Registry Clerk vacancy at Department of Mineral Resources also requires candidates to possess the following key competencies:
- Sufficient knowledge of National Archives Act, such as Minimum Information of Security Standards, Management of Filling Systems, Registry Functions, Batho Pele Principles, and Filling Systems
- Computer literacy, MS package
- Knowledge of mail management
- Good organisation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact/communicate with people on various levels, both externally and internally
- Innovative and creative
- Ability to make decision in respect of own work
Key performance areas
The future qualified applicant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Maintain, open, close and record files according to National Archive Act
- Retrieve applications from the SAMRAD system
- Keep registers up to date
- Proper filling of documents or records
- Proper closing as well as archiving of closed files
- Collect and distribute files to and from officials
- Make photocopies and bind documents
- Make sure that there are enough stamps to dispatch outgoing mails
- Record and dispatch outgoing mails
- Receipt, open and sort incoming mail as well as courier and record thereof in relevant registers
- Make sure safe custody of official records
- Control access to all records or files in registry
How to Apply
To apply for the Registry Clerk vacancy at Department of Mineral Resources, you must include the following documents within your application:
- Z83 application form
- A CV
- Certified copy of ID document, driver’s license, certificates (certification must be done in the last three months)
Forward your application by hand delivering it to: Trevenna Campus, corner Mentjies and Francis Baard Street, former Schoeman
Or, post it to: The Director-General, Department of Mineral Resources, Private Bag X59, Arcadia, 0007
For attention: Ms N Maseko/ Ms T Sibutha
Applications will be accepted until January 25, 2018.
Note that, requirements stated on this post are minimum inherent requirements; thus, criterion for shortlisting will depend on the proficiency of the applications submitted. The Department of Mineral Resources reserves the right to determine suitable applicant during the selection process.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified in three weeks after the deadline. Candidates who have not been acknowledged during this period may consider their applications as unsuccessful.
Women, Indians, coloureds, and people with disabilities are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Should you need further information or have any questions related to this vacancy, please contact: Ms Puja Singh Tel No: (013) 653 0500