If you have a knack for a secretarial job or have the right qualification for it then apply for the Personal Assistant vacancy at Department of Agriculture. This open position is available for the Rural Development within the hiring department. All interested candidates are required to include the reference number of this post within the application form, AGR 2018-74.
Table of Contents
The qualified incumbent will receive a level 7 salary which amounts to R 242 475 per annum. The hiring Department of Agriculture is one within the Western Cape Government. This position requires all candidates to be in possession of at least a Grade 12 or Senior Certificate in order to be eligible. This minimum educational qualification must be accompanied by either a National Diploma or Certificate in Office Administration or Secretarial field. Furthermore, having a minimum of three years relevant experience in rendering support services to Senior Management is also required. Candidates are also expected to have a valid (code B) driving license.
Inherent competency and skills requirements
- Knowledge of Financial Management as well as understanding of policies, regulations or prescripts and procedures
- Knowledge of procurement processes
- Understanding of systems, processes and functioning of government
- Good presentation, verbal and written communication skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proven computer literacy in MS Office (tech savvy)
- Time management skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Planning and organising skills
- Telephone etiquette
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Once you are qualified for the Personal Assistant vacancy at Department of Agriculture, below are some of the responsibilities you will be involved in:
- Be responsible for providing a receptionist or secretarial support service to the manager
- Be responsible for managing the diary as well as organising appointments and meetings
- Be responsible for compiling, preparing and typing reports, correspondence, presentations and other administrative duties
- Be responsible for managing filling systems and database
- Be responsible for arranging and booking travel, accommodation and transport
- Be responsible for rendering supports to the manager with the administration of the budget
- Be responsible for providing support to the manager regarding meetings
- Be responsible for studying the relevant Public Service as well as departmental policies or prescripts along with other documents and making sure that the application thereof is properly understood
How to Apply
Only applications submitted online will be considered by the Department of Agriculture. Please head over to this page to commence your application.
Applications will be accepted until January 28, 2019. All shortlisted applicants will then be required to provide copies of their documentation for verification purposes. These applicants will also be required to attend selection interviews on a time and date as determined by the hiring department. Therefore, please ensure that you submit your application no later than the stipulated deadline so as to be considered.
Should you have any queries related to the Personal Assistant vacancy at Department of Agriculture, please refer to: Ms M Tilling at (021) 808 7720
Technical support is always available from Monday to Friday from 8:00 until 16:00. Contact the helpline at 0861 370 202.