Applications are now invited for all South Africans who reside in Polokwane Municipality who wish to pursue their tertiary qualifications. Apply now for the Polokwane Municipality Bursary program 2019 to receive financial assistance to fund your studies! Whether you wish to attend a diploma or degree program, this award call is open for you!
Table of Contents
Situated within the Capricorn District in Limpopo, the Polokwane Municipality is the economic hub of the province. This are used to be known as Pietersburg. However, it was then changed to Polokwane which in Northern Sotho means ‘place of safety’. This particular municipality is home to over 500,000 residents in total, most of which reside in rural regions of the area.
This year, the government aims to help high achieving and deserving South African students who reside in Polokwane Municipality by providing financial assistance through the Polokwane Municipality Bursary program 2019. This scholarship call is available to resident students who wish to study towards either a diploma or degree qualification. There are no specified study program for this. All candidates from the Polokwane region who fulfil the stipulated requirements are eligible to apply. The bursaries will provide coverage for students’ study fees.
Make sure you meet all the following criteria before submitting an application so as to make sure your submission will be taken into consideration.
- Candidates must be South African citizens who permanently reside in the Polokwane Municipality
- Current matric students and those who have completed matric are eligible to apply
- Candidates must intend on studying or currently studying as full time students towards their first national diploma or degree qualification
- Candidates must intend on studying or currently studying at a TVET College or public University or University of Technology
- Candidates must come from a disadvantaged background
- Candidates must not be current recipients of any other funding program
- Parents of candidates must have household income no more than R 200,000 annually
Candidates with disabilities are encouraged and welcome to apply for this opportunity as well!
Interested candidates can commence their application for the Polokwane Municipality Bursary program 2019 by downloading and completing this application form.
Then, submit clear copies of the following mandatory documents along with the completed application form. Note that, the submission of all these materials is necessary and if there is any missing item, the consequence will be the disregarding of your application.
- Certified copy of your ID documents as well as parents’ or guardians’
- Certified copy of matric latest results (for current matric students) or matric certificate (if already completed matric)
- Certified copy of full academic record (for current tertiary students)
- Proof or provisional admission or acceptance to study as a full time student at a recognised university/any tertiary institution
- Proof of residence issued by a ward councillor or authorised traditional leader
- Proof of income of parents/guardians (certified copy of latest payslips/financial statement if self-employed or certified death certificate if applicable or an affidavit confirming only one parent that makes an income
Forward all those documents no later than November 30, 2018 via post to:
PO Box 111
Or hand deliver to:
Cnr Landros Mare and Bodenstein Street
(9th floor office 908 OR ground floor)
In case you need assistance during your application, please contact the Municipality via tel. at 015 290 2504 or 015 290 2029