Dealing with medicine in a daily basis can be someone’s cup of tea. For some other people it can be a complicated task since they will have to comprehend proper knowledge about medicine. The good thing is that Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital is opening up some vacancies as pharmacist assistant.
Furthermore, this position is likely to provide more support for people who need to find the medicine they need in no time. Therefore, if you think that this job suits your education background, it is the right time to apply. Keep on reading to find more information.
Table of Contents
Position: Pharmacist Assistant
Recruiter: Gauteng Department of Health
Location: Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital
Salary: R208 383 – R234 738 per annum (level 6)
Reference number: CHBAH 361
Some duties of a pharmacist assistant at Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital will be elaborated in the following.
- Assisting with the stock control of ordering, receiving and doing the distribution of medicine based on Standard Operating Procedures and legislation
- Assisting with compounding and preparation of both sterile and non-sterile medicine based on SOP under the supervision of responsible pharmacist
- Repackaging the medicine
- Reading and preparing the prescription, selection, manipulation or medicine compounding, labelling and supplying medicine in a proper container based on the evaluation of pharmacist
- Doing the stock control of Schedule 1 to 7 medicine or other substances
- Purchasing some medicine or scheduled substances
- Giving provision of instructions related to the correct usage of medicine supplied
- Providing information for those individuals for promoting health
- Adhering to time lines
- Attending meeting and training when necessary
- Undergoing continuous training and development programme
To make yourself enable to apply for the job, there are some crucial requirements that all applicants must possess.
- Having the qualification of Post-Basic pharmacist assistant is a must.
- The applicants must have registered with the SAPC as the qualified post basic pharmacist assistant.
- Having sound verbal and written communication skills is compulsory.
- The applicants must have high level of reliability and confidentiality.
- The applicants must possess outstanding telephone etiquette and interpersonal skills.
- Having the ability to work under pressure, handle conflict, and take initiative will be preferable.
Moreover, your application will be incomplete unless you have submitted these following documents.
- An application Z83 form which is downloadable from dpsa.gov.za/documents
- A recently updated CV which specifies the experiences including the position, institution, and also respective date
- A copy of Identity Document
- Copies of qualifications including Matric and relevant council registration certificate
- Proof of current registration
- Relevant service certificates
Furthermore, when the applicants cannot fulfill all the requested documents, the applications will get disqualification. Unless you heard anything from the company 3 months after the due date, you can consider your application unsuccessful.
All candidates will go through some assessments including Personnel Suitability Checks (PSC), Verification from three different references, identity verification, qualification verifications, and also criminal and credit records.
If you are a foreigner, you must have attached your evaluation certificate from South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). The shortlisted candidates will go through some medical surveillance which has been listed by the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Act 5/1993.
Furthermore, had you some queries related to the positions as pharmacist assistant, you can contact Mr. S. Dikgang at (011) 933 8797 or 8843 or 9864.
The company will no longer accept any application forms after 5 March 2021.