If you have qualification or experience in secretarial or administrative sector then you might be the suitable person the Department of Local Government is looking for. Applications are now invited for the Personal Assistant vacancy at Department of Local Government. No fancy university degree is mandatory. As long as you hold a Grade 12 qualification, you are eligible to apply!
Please mention the reference number of this post within your application form, LG 2018-58. The open position offers an attractive level 7 salary which amounts to R 242 475 per annum. The qualified applicant will be stationed at Department of Local Government within the Western Cape Government. The inherent minimum educational requirement for this position is a Senior Certificate or its equivalent qualification. This qualification must be accompanied by a Secretarial or Office Administration Certificate or national diploma. Furthermore, having at least three years of working experience in rendering support services to Senior Management is also necessary.
- A valid code B driving license
- Willingness to work irregular hours
The Personal Assistant vacancy at Department of Local Government requires all candidates to have the following competencies and skills:
- Knowledge of financial management and understanding of policies, regulations, prescripts and procedures
- Knowledge of procurement processes
- Understanding of systems, functioning, and processes of government
- Good interpersonal skills
- Verbal, presentation and written communication skills in two or three official languages in the Western Cape
- Tech savvy or proven computer literacy in MS Office
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills
- Planning and organising skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Telephone etiquette
- Customer service oriented
- Accuracy and attention to detail
Below are the responsibilities that come with this position:
- Provide a secretarial or receptionist support service to the manager
- Manage the diary as well as organise meetings and appointments, often controlling access to the manager
- Compile, type, and prepare reports, correspondence, presentations and other administrative duties
- Manage databases and filing systems
- Book and arrange travel, accommodation and transport
- Support the manager with the administration of the budget
- Provide support to the manager regarding meetings
- Studies the relevant Public Service as well as departmental policies or prescripts and other documents, then ensure the application thereof is understood properly
How and When to Apply
To apply for the Personal Assistant vacancy at Department of Local Government, you must head over to this page and apply one. Please apply no later than January 28, 2019 so as to make sure your application will be accepted and considered by the employing department.
Only applications completed and submitted online will be regarded. All shortlisted applicants will be required to provide copies of their documentation for the sake of verification purposes. Candidates will also be needed to be available for a selection interview on a time and date as determined by the hiring department.
If you have any questions, please forward them to: Ms B Ohlson at (021) 483 4929 at Finance / Ms U Otto at (021) 483 4926 at Public Participation.
Technical support is only available from Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 16.00 if you encounter any difficulties with your online application, contact the Helpline: 0861 370 202