If you love being involved in a social work for the community then apply for the Community Development Worker vacancy at Department of Local Government. The hiring department targets at candidates who have experience in or passion for volunteer work related activities. If you think you have what it takes to qualify for the position, then submit your application!
Table of Contents
Please quote the reference number of this post within your application form, LG 2018-50. This position offers a level six salary which is worth R 196 407 annually. The successful incumbent will be stationed in Riversdale. The Department of Local Government is accepting applications from anyone with at least a Grade 12 or Senior Certificate or its equivalent. Candidates are also expected to have at least 3 years of proven experience in community development.
- A valid code B driving license
- Volunteer work benefiting communities
- Community development learnership certificate
Inherent requirements for the job:
- Knowledge of applicable legislation, policies, guidelines, standards, procedures and best practices in the public services
- Knowledge of the composition of communities in the Western Cape along with their functioning
- Knowledge of the existing service delivery levels in the Western Cape
- Proven computer literacy
- Good verbal and written communication ability in at least two of the three official languages governing the Western Cape
The Community Development Worker vacancy at Department of Local Government will have the future successful applicant perform the following duties:
- Be responsible for providing assistance and informing communities with access to services provided by the government
- Be responsible for making decisions in terms of the needs of communities and communicating it to the relevant structures
- Be responsible for the growth and improvement of the activities of existing local community workers and promoting networks intended at improved service delivery
- Be responsible for collecting reports and documents on progress, issues attended to, actions taken as well as outcome as required
- Be responsible for always keeping up to date with regard to services rendered by government as well as the processes and mechanisms to access the services
How to Apply
Applications for the Community Development Worker vacancy at Department of Local Government must be submitted online.
Please apply here no later than January 28, 2019. No late submissions will be taken into consideration. The Department of Local Government is only accepting applications submitted online.
All shortlisted applicants will then be required to provide all the necessary documentation for the sake of verification purposes. These applicants will also be required to attend a selection interview on a time and date as determined by the employing department.
It is your responsibility as an applicant to submit your application before the stipulated deadline.
If you experience any difficulty during your online application, technical support is always available from Monday to Friday at 8:00 until 16:00. Contact the helpline at 0861 370 202.
Should you need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact: Mr M Bell at (021) 483 3039 28 January 2019