The Department of Health is now hiring for Personal Assistant position. The line of work this job entails is for environmental health and qualified incumbent will be stationed at Port Health Central Region in Pretoria. If you think you are qualified for the Personal Assistant vacancy at Department of Health, apply before December 10, 2018!
The Personal Assistant position offers a salary amounting to R 196 407 annually. Candidates are required to include the reference number of this advert within their application form, NDOH 58/2018. In order to be eligible for the vacant position, applicants are required to hold at least a Senior Certificate or its NQF level 4 equivalent qualification. This educational requirements should be accompanied by either a Secretarial Certificate or Diploma. Any relevant qualification is applicable as well. Furthermore, it is mandatory that candidates be in possession of at least one year of working experience in conducting administrative or secretarial support to senior management.
The Personal Assistant vacancy at Department of Health requires candidates to have the following knowledge and understanding:
- Understanding and knowledge of the legislative framework applicable in the Public Service
- Knowledge of departmental procedures regarding budgeting and finance
- In-depth as well as sound knowledge of relevant prescripts as well as application of human resources
Inherent job skills and competencies:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organising and planning ability
- Computer literacy (MS office package)
- Good telephone etiquette
- Provides receptionist or secretarial support services to the Director
- Perform administrative support services
- Make sure there is good flow of documents and information to and from the office of the Director
- Provide support to the Director in terms of meetings
- Attain inputs as well as compile records
- Records decisions or minutes as well as communicate them to relevant role players
- Follow up on progress made
- Provide support to the managers with the administration of the Director’s budget
- Coordinate as well as collect all the documents relevant to the Director’s budget
- Maintain filing system
- Make sure the proper safekeeping is implemented for all documentations in the office of the Director in accordance with relevant policies and legislation
How to Apply
The Department of Health aims to promote equity in the work place through the filing of this post. Therefore, candidates whose promotion, appointment or transfer will promote representivity will receive preference.
Please submit your application for the Personal Assistant vacancy at Department of Health before December 10, 2018 at 12:00 mid-day via post to: Director-General, National Department of Health, Private Bag X828, Pretoria. 0001.
Or, hand deliver it at: Reception (Brown application Box), Civitas Building, corner of Thabo Sehume (formerly known as Andries) and Struben streets, Pretoria.
Include the following documents within your application:
- Z83 application form
- A comprehensive resume with previous experience being detailed thoroughly
- Certified copies of ID documents, service certificates, educational and any relevant qualifications
It is your responsibility as an applicant to attach an evaluation report issued by SAQA if you have national certificates or foreign qualifications.
If you need more information, please contact: Ms Funeka Bongweni Tel No: (012) 395 9728