Improving the level of education of all the South African is one of the duties of Department of Higher Education and Training. As having higher level of education can get rid of the number of unemployment and poverty, it is crucial to find better education and experience. Currently, they are offering PE College vacancies to join their bursaries. In the following, there is the complete information related to the bursaries.
Table of Contents
Position: Administration Clerk
Recruiter: Department of Higher Education and Training
Location: Port Elizabeth TVET College: Dower Campus
Salary: R173 703 (level 05) plus benefits
Reference number: PS01/2021PEC
Type of work: Permanent
All jobs come with different responsibilities. Similarly, working as an administration clerk also comes up with these following duties in daily basis.
- Assisting with the coordination of the processes of bursary application
- Assisting with the monitor and coordination during the financial aid processes
- Attending to student bursary related to enquiries
- Taking part in the Compilation of Financial Aid reports as required by DHET and the National Student Financial Aid Scheme or stakeholders of bursary
- Conducting presentations to prospective students on the Financial Aid processes and changes
- Assisting in determining whether the students listed on the NSFAS Funded File is eligible and in line with the DHET NSFAS guidelines
- Aiding in reporting on all progresses and allocations of all bursaries
Meanwhile, if you want yourself to be eligible, you must have fulfilled all these requirements before applying.
- Having the relevant Senior Certificate or Grade 12 or NCV Certificate (level 4) in Management Assistant or Financial Management is the minimum requirement
- Having the BCOM degree or National Diploma in a Finance related field is preferable
- Applicants must have the minimum of two years of working experience in the Financial Aid environment or similar administrative environment
- Having some experiences in operating the College Computer System will be a benefit
Furthermore, if you wish to apply for the position, there are some compulsory documents to attach as follows.
- A completed Z83 application form which is obtainable from any Public Service Department or through the internet at gov.za/documents
- A signed and updates application letter
- A recently updated comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) with three reachable references
- Certified copies of all qualifications
- A valid driver’s license
- An identity document
- Qualification transcripts of the certified copies
To apply, you can hand deliver the applications (and mentioning the reference number) to The Deputy Principal: Corporate Services: Mr. D. P. Baartzes; Port Elizabeth TVET College, Erica Central Campus, 1 Richmond Park Drive, Richmond Hill, Port Elizabeth 6001, Reception Area.
Alternatively, you can post the application to Private Bag X6040, Port Elizabeth 6000. Please keep in mind that failure to sign the Z83 form and submit the compulsory documents needed will cause your application to be unsuccessful.
Moreover, the successful candidates will go through some personnel suitability checks including the criminal record check, citizenship verifications, previous employment verifications, and qualifications verification.
Thus, when you have not heard anything from the company 3 months after the due date, please consider that your application was not successful.
In addition, if you have some questions or queries related to the PE College vacancies, you can contact Ms. C. Jansen or Ms. Z Cooper at (041) 509 6000.
The closing date for PE College vacancies will be on 29 March 2021 at 16.00 South African time.