Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Applications are now invited for the Payment Clerks vacancy at Department of Public Works. This position revolves around Property Payments and offers a twelve month contract. Please include the reference number of this post within your application form, 2019/21. If you think you have what it takes to qualify for the job, then apply today!
The successful candidate will receive salary amounting to R 196 407 annually. He/she will be stationed at the Cape Town Regional Office. The minimum educational requirement needed for the job is a Senior Certificate or Grade 12 certificate. Any of its equivalent qualification is also acceptable. Candidates are also expected to have proper experience in MS Office software, especially Excel and Word.
The Payment Clerks vacancy at Department of Public Works requires all candidates to have the following skills and competencies:
- Excellent verbal as well as written communication skills
- Well-developed typing skills
- Excellent telephone etiquette
This position also requires applicants to have the ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
Key Performance Areas
Once you are qualified for the job, you will be involved in, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Be responsible for recording, receiving, capturing and batching of all day to day maintenance as well as contract payments on PMIS
- Be responsible for recording payments on the batch voucher and send to Finance for final authorisation
- Be responsible for ensuring that the payment register is updated with correct payment information on a regular basis
- Be responsible for assisting with daily receiving compiling of manual rentals, levies payments and municipal services
- Be responsible for compiling weekly progress report of payments
How to Apply
Applications must be forwarded via post to: The Regional Manager, Department of Public Works, Private Bag X9027, Cape Town, 8000.
Or, as an alternative, you are also allowed to hand deliver your application at: Customs House Building Lower Heerengracht Street Cape Town.
For attention: Ms N. Mtsulwana
Please include the following documents within your application:
- Z83 application form
- A CV which must be updated recently
- Original certified copies of ID, and all qualifications
- A SAQA evaluation report in case you have any foreign qualifications
Apply no later than February 8, 2019 in order to be considered. No faxed or emailed submissions will be accepted either. Individuals with disabilities are welcome and encouraged to apply. Should it come to pass that no candidates from the unrepresented groups are recruited due to unsuitability, then the hiring department will consider applicants from the represented groups. Therefore, an indication by applicants in this regard will facilitate the processing of applications.
If your application does not comply with the aforementioned requirements, it will be disregarded. In case you haven’t yet heard from the Department of Public Works within the next few months, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Kindly note that appointment will be subject to a security clearance and verification of qualifications.
In case you need further information regarding the Payment Clerks vacancy at Department of Public Works, please contact: Mr B Berends Tel No: (021) 402 2309