Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
If you have the passion in SET (Science, Engineering, and Technology) sector, and you are one of the graduates in the field, then joining NRF internship program can be a good option. The NRF or National Research Foundation is the one holding the internship program meant to help unemployed SET postgraduates and graduates to gain practical experience and professional working exposure. Such as thing can be done through research environment exposure and mentoring.
About the Program
The internship program lasts for 12 months. Any successful candidates are required to seal the deal with a contract for the internship period. During the program, candidates will get a monthly salary. The amount ranges between R6 070.00 and R8 050.00.the amount depends on the qualification level.
Be advised that the placement of each candidate will take place all over the country – make sure to apply within the available position in the province (place) that you want to be placed. Since NRF doesn’t pay any relocation cost, candidates are expected to choose the location close to home. Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply and to take part in this NRF internship program.
If you are interested in the program, here are some basic requirements to meet:
- The candidates should be permanent residents or citizens of South Africa, proven by their valid and legal identity.
- They re unemployed graduates holding a NQF Level 7Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma. They can also hold NQF level 8 BTech or Honors degree and NQF level 9 Master’s Degree.
- The candidates should come from Humanities, Social Sciences, Research and Development, and SET (Science, Engineering, and Technology)
- The maximum age for the program is 35 years
These are the criteria where the candidates are considered NOT eligible:
- They were the NRF internship program beneficiaries in the past
- They have been registered a full-time academic year – meaning that they have registered to study during the internship program
- They have the NQF level 6 National Diploma and NQF level 10 PhD and DTech
The Application Process
The process is happening online at the portal at this link. Interested candidates are expected to register first and provide the required personal details. After the registration, they can log in with the password and ID number. Afterwards, they can go to ‘My Application’ section and choose the Internship Program Applicants. Follow the directions to apply for the position.
The general attachments that are generally required for the application are:
- A certified copy of the ID (South African, naturally)
- A certified academic record
- Certified copies of all related certificates
The program is generally running on a yearly basis with different opening and closing time. In general, the opening date starts from the beginning of October and the deadline is on the beginning of November – sometimes it can happen at the end of the month. If you want to be sure about the availability of the internship, it is better to ask them directly. The NRF internship program usually starts on the following year – usually in March or April.