If you want to gain a deeper knowledge and a direct working experience, taking part in NRF internship program can give you the access and the way. They offer the internship program on a yearly basis and they welcome potential candidates (who meet the requirements) to join them. If you think that you have all the qualifications, then go ahead and apply.
Table of Contents
About The Program
NRF or National Research Foundation opens their door wide to promising and talented people to join their programs. They are responsible for NRF internship program that invites unemployed youths from SET (Science, Engineering, and Technology) fields as well as those from Humanities and Social Sciences to obtain direct practical working experience through exposure and mentoring to the research setting and environment.
The opportunity is given and offered to unemployed postgraduates and graduates interested in research support, administration, and research management via proper placement at education institutions, research agencies, and public higher research offices. Opportunities are opened and encouraged for applicants with disabilities. So, if you are interested in a certain disciplines or area of specialization, then this is the right opportunity to send your application.
The program lasts for 12 months where candidates will have to sign the contract8. They will get a monthly salary that ranges from R6 070.00 to R8 050.00 a month – it depends on the qualification level.
Criteria of Eligibility
- The candidates must be the permanent residents or citizens of South Africa holding the legal and valid ID. Non South Africans would be considered not eligible for the application
- Unemployed youths or graduates holding Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma within level 7 NQF, BTech or Honor degrees at level 8 NQF, and Master’s degree or MTech at level 9 NQF are considered qualified for the applications.
- The candidates must not be more than 35 years old during the application submission
- They must have the qualification or educational background in Science, Engineering, Technology, Humanities, Social Sciences, and Research and Development
Be advised that:
- Candidates who had got NRF internship program in the past
- Candidates who will register full time or part time Masters students for 2019 period
- Candidates who hold National Level at level 6 NQF and also PhD and DTech at level 10 NQF
How to Apply
Candidates must go to https://nrfsubmission.nrf.ac.za to register. They need to make an application – just follow the instructions. Don’t forget that it is better to prepare all the softcopy types of the documents, in case you need to upload them. The general documents needed for the application are:
- A certified copy of the South African ID
- Certified academic records
- Certified copies of the certificates
All candidates are advised to check the official site regularly. The general opening date is at the end of September to early October while the closing date is generally on the end of October to the early November. However, it is always a good idea to check the official site to be sure. If you want to take part in the NRF internship program, then it is a good idea to check the site regularly and thoroughly.