If you want to take part in an internship program for a government agency or department, joining the Information and Communication Technology Internship program from NNR or National Nuclear Regulator may seem like a wise decision. After all, the department is opening a program for 2020 period. This will provide a good opportunity for candidates who are looking to get a professional exposure and working experience while getting the knowledge and skills at the same time. If you believe that this is your time to shine and you will get a lot to learn from the experience, you should prepare yourself and apply.
Table of Contents
About the Program
This internship program will last for 24 months (2 years) and the chosen candidate will be placed in Centurion, Pretoria. The chosen individual will get R120 000.00 stipend per year – as well as the working opportunity and be exposed to the professional surroundings to improve their skills.
The offered program is the Information and Communication Technology Internship program with reference code of CSS-ICT-012019. The candidate is expected to be responsible for managing NNR helpdesk in the overall. They should also help with desktop technician and system administrator with their daily tasks and duties. Through everyday exposure, the candidates will learn a lot about things that usually take place in the working environment as well as increasing their abilities and experience along the way.
There are several basic requirements that candidates must meet if they want to qualify for the Information and Communication Technology Internship program. They are:
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa
- They must not have any criminal record or any pending charges
- They must have completed Grade 12 or Matric
- They must have Matric certificate
- They must have Level 7 NQF within Computer Science
It would help if the candidates also have these extra sets of competencies or skills, including:
- They have good analytical and logical thinking
- They have excellent teamwork skill and working ethic
- They have good and even impressive communication skills
- They have good problem solving abilities and skills
The Responsibilities and Duties
Candidates will have to be responsible for these tasks:
- They must administer and manage help desk for the Corporate or company Support Services
- They must help with Audio Visual Support
- They must help with application troubleshooting and installation
- They must help with Desktop Support
- They must help in asking for quotation for the professional service providers
- They must help with desktop installations and updates
- They must help in records management and ICT administration work
How to Apply
Be advised that applications will take place online. Candidates will have to visit this link so they can learn about the position and they can also apply directly. It is possible that candidates will have to prepare supporting documents (whatever types asked) to qualify. Keep in mind that candidates will have to go through medical and also security assessment. Candidates must agree that they will go through medical assessment and security vetting processing.
The deadline is on March the 3rd 2020. Candidates who want to learn about the Information and Communication Technology Internship program can contact Ms Duduzile Mlotshwa at 012 674 7100.