South African students who are looking for financial assistance to fund their tertiary studies are now encouraged and welcome to apply for the NHFC or National Housing Finance Corporation bursary program 2019. Apply before the end of November to be considered!
Table of Contents
NHFC was founded in 1996. It is one of the Development Finance Institutions owned by the South African Government. The NHFC was established with the goal to provide housing finance to middle income and low income households, as well as to enhance on the socio economic challenges within the country. The National Housing Finance Corporation bursary program 2019 was formed as a way to help students lacking financial resources coming from disadvantaged backgrounds to gain the expertise and skills to work in the housing finance sector.
The bursary is available for the following study programs:
- Construction Economics
- Built Environment
- Risk Management
- Real Estate
- Property Markets
- Human Settlements
- Housing Construction
- Energy Efficiency
- Developmental Studies
- Economic Development
Qualified students will receive coverage for their tuition fees, prescribed books as well as other study materials as a minimum. Furthermore, student accommodation as well as other expenses may be covered at the discretion of the NHFC.
The award is renewable each year based on students’ satisfactory academic performance.
Only shortlisted candidates that will receive correspondence. That being said, if you do not receive feedback, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
In order to be eligible for this bursary, candidates must make sure they fulfil the following minimum suitability criteria beforehand so as to make sure their applications will be regarded.
- Must be South African citizens
- Must be studying as full time students in one of the aforementioned study programs (from second year to postgraduate)
- Must have excellent academic record
- Must be from a financially disadvantaged background
Any interested candidates must first download and complete the application form for the National Housing Finance Corporation bursary program 2019. Then, provide clear copies of the following supporting materials and attach them along with the completed application form. Note that, any missing items will lead to your application being disregarded.
- Certified copy of ID document
- Certified copy of matric certificate
- Certified copies of ID documents of parents or guardians
- Certified copy of full tertiary academic record on the University letterhead
- Evidence of university admission (first year students)
- Proof of income of parents or guardians such as latest payslips if employed or affidavit if unemployed
- Certified copies of birth certificates or ID documents of other people that reside in your household
Please forward them all via email to [email protected] with the following subject line: NHFC Bursary Application – your full name
Make sure your application is submitted before November 30, 2018. Therefore, it is your responsibility as an applicant to ensure timely submission.
In case you encounter any difficulties during your application or simply want to know more about the bursary, you can refer to the Human Resource Division of the National Housing Finance Corporation directly via email to [email protected]