The Local Government Sector Education and Training Authority (LGSETA) is an government department that supports people to be well-trained. People will be able to up skill their current qualifications to be ready in dealing with the modern work. LGSETA will give opportunities for the youths to have their skills upgraded for having competitive chances in working. Therefore, LGSETA internship is now available for South Africans who are unemployed.
In order to reduce the number of jobless and poverty in South Africa, LGSETA tends to give education and also training. These trainings will be done by the professionals so that the youths will be able to add value to their qualifications. Besides, they will prepare themselves in competing in real workplace.
Unless these South African youths are capable of working nationally, they will still be in unemployed and uneducated level. Thus, LGSETA finds it important to offer LGSETA internship to give opportunities for youths to develop.
Implementing the skills development will be another tasks for the youths participating in the internships. As time goes by, South Africa needs more competitive youths to participate in the global world. Therefore, it is important for them to train and give opportunities for youths.
Table of Contents
- Eastern Cape – East London
- Head Office – Bedfordview
- KwaZulu Natal – Durban
- Limpopo – Polokwane
- Western Cape – Rondebosch
Each internship has its own reference number to refer when applying for the internship.
- Education, Training and Quality Assurance – ETQA/01/2020
- Internal Audit and Risk – IAR/01/2020
- SSP – SSP/01/2020
- Project Management Unit – PMU/01/2020
- Learning Programmes – LPD/01/2020
- Gauteng Provincial Office – GP/01/2020
- Limpopo Provincial Office – LPO/01/2020
- KwaZulu Natal Provincial Office – KZN/01/2020
- Eastern Cape Provincial Office – ECPO/01/2020
- Western Cape Provincial Office – WCO/01/2020
- Finance – FIN/01/2020
- Communications and Marketing – COMMS/01/2020
- Information, Communication Technology – ICT/01/2020
- Human Resources Management – HR/01/2020
Type of work: Intern
Generally, the internship of LGSETA has similar requirements to fulfill in order to complete the application processes. The following information consists of the general requirements as follows.
- Grade 12/ Matric Certificate
- Degree or National Diploma in these fields: Social Science, Public Policy, Development Studies, Policy Development, Accounting, Finance, Graphic Design, Information Communication, Technology, and Human Resources Management
- Having strong passion to learn with new challenges
- Computer literacy especially in Microsoft is essential
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are important
When you are interested to apply for this internship, you also need to attach some following documents.
- A proof of South African citizenship
- A copy of Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A copy of Identity Document
- Copies of certificates
- A copy of the latest academic record
As these documents can clearly describe more information about you, it would be much preferable when you have completed them before completing the application. When you have submitted the documents but you forget to attach these documents, your application will be considered as unsuccessful.
For further assistance and information related to the internship, you can contact 011 456 8579 or visit www.lgseta.org.za.
The due date of the application submission will be on 7 November 2020. Any late submission will be considered as unsuccessful.