Unemployed youth who wants to have a working experience while getting both theoretical session and a direct practical implementation can always take part in Letsema Learnership Programme. The programme would provide a basic and solid foundation to their skills and expertise. In the end, they are expected to experience an increased skills and abilities once they complete the programme.
About Letsema Learnership Programme
Letsema learnership programme is designed by Bankseta, formed through 1998 Skills Development Act. At that time, they wanted to enable their clients and stakeholders to improve the micro-finance industry and banking sector. They promote and encourage transformation by employment equity and black economic empowerment through skills development.
Bankseta provides the fund for Letsema Learnership Programme. Its main purpose is to recruit unemployed youth so they can continue their study and then enter the work setting with better qualification and greater skills. The learnership will last for one year (12 months). The successful candidates will get NQF5 qualification within banking service.
The Letsema Learnership Requirements
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa that would be proven by legal ID document
- They must have completed Matric and they have the certificate
- They must obtain at least 60% for English (in the Matric)
- They must obtain at least 50% for Accounting
- They must obtain at least 60% for Mathematical Literacy or at least 50% for Mathematics
- They must be currently unemployed or not having the intention to continue their study during the learnership period
- They must be between 18 and 30 years of age
- They have clear credit record
- They don’t have any criminal record
- They have presentable or professional image
- They have good English language skills in verbal and written form
- They aren’t taking in other learnership programmes currently
- They must be able to provide and present official testimonial or positive recommendation from a learning institution, religious institution, or previous school
- Disabled candidates must be able present a valid medical certificate that states their condition
How to Apply
The details of the Letsema Learnership Programme can be found at this link. Candidates can also download the application form there. It is advisable that they go to this link to download the Learnership Agreement and read it completely.
Candidates are expected to complete the application form and then submit it with the other supporting documents. The supporting documents include:
- A certified copy of ID document
- A certified copy of Matric certificate
- Original application form and learnership agreement that has been signed by the candidates
- A CV
- Certified copies of qualifications
- Official testimonials or positive recommendation from a religious institution, learning institution, or previous school
The programme is generally available on a yearly basis, but candidates are expected to check the official website regularly. They can learn about the availability as well as the opening (and also closing) date. In general, the recruitment takes 6 months prior before the programme starts. Application for 2020 programme has been closed. We are currently waiting for Letsema Learnership Programme 2021.
Interested candidates can contact Deerani Naidoo at [email protected], Nobuhle Diamini at [email protected], Brian Dhjiwayo at [email protected] or David Mtshweni at [email protected] to learn more about Letsema Learnership Programme 2021.