Are you ready to kickstart your career and gain valuable skills? Explore the five latest learnership opportunities for 2024, designed to provide you with hands-on experience and training in various fields. These programs offer a stepping stone to a successful and fulfilling career. Read on to discover exciting opportunities that can shape your future.
Table of Contents
1. SAFCOL Learnership Opportunities 2024
SAFCOL is a state-owned forestry company in South Africa, operating under the Department of Public Enterprises (DPE). With operations spanning across South Africa and Mozambique, SAFCOL plays a pivotal role in the forestry industry. Beyond its operations, SAFCOL positively impacts lives through job creation, support for small businesses, and social upliftment programs, such as building schools, clinics, and early childhood development centers.
The Learnership Program
Successful applicants will embark on a formal and structured one-year Learnership Program (NQF Level 3). This program includes accredited theoretical and practical training to equip learners with the skills and knowledge necessary for a successful career in forestry.
Learners will be based at the official SAFCOL training center, located in Platorand, Sabie, Mpumalanga Province.
Learners will receive a monthly stipend for the duration of the Learnership.
- Qualification: General Education and Training Certificate Silviculture NQF level 3.
- Outcomes: Learners will gain valuable knowledge and experience that will improve their employment prospects with forestry companies and contractors. They may also have the skills to set up their own small and medium-sized enterprises (SMMEs) in the forestry sector.
To qualify for this learnership opportunity, you must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a South African Citizen
- Must be an unemployed youth between 18 to 35 years old
- Must have passed/completed grade 12
- Must have a passion for the forestry environment and be willing to work outdoors
How to Apply
To apply, make sure to attach certified copies of the following documents with your application:
- Matric Certificate/Statement of Results/High School Results
- Identity Document
- Curriculum Vitae
- Application letter
Applications can be emailed to [email protected] or mailed to the Platorand Training Centre (address provided in the original post).
2. 2024 Tourism Monitors Programme at the Department of Tourism
About the Department of Tourism
The Department of Tourism is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer with clear employment equity targets. They are committed to fostering diversity and providing opportunities to all South Africans.
To be eligible for the 2024 Tourism Monitors Programme, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a South African citizen (Certified copy of an Identity Document)
- Be an unemployed youth between the ages of 18 to 35
- Possess a matric certificate or any equivalent qualifications
- Be literate and conversant in English
- Additional qualifications in tourism or environmental related fields will be an advantage
- Reside within a 28km radius of the attractions/sites. Proof of residence will be required (e.g., municipality bill or a letter from a tribal authority or ward councilor)
- Be able to work flexible hours, including weekends, public holidays, and as required
- Have a passion or interest in the tourism sector
- Limit one learner per household. No affidavits will be accepted as proof of residence
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to be part of the Tourism Monitors Programme for a period of twelve (12) months. Candidates are encouraged to apply to municipalities and establishments within their residential/local areas.
Please note that successful candidates will be expected to sign a 12-month contract with the service provider appointed by the Department of Tourism and will be deployed at attractions and sites closer to their residence.
The program will be implemented for 12 months, with three (3) months dedicated to theory training and nine (9) months to practical training.
Applicants who meet the above requirements should submit a detailed curriculum vitae (CV) along with certified copies of their qualifications, an identity document, and proof of residence not older than three (3) months.
To apply, use this SA Youth Datafree. Please note that no faxed or emailed applications or documents will be accepted.
Shortlisted candidates will undergo interviews near their areas of residence. Successful candidates will also undergo medical examinations and criminal record clearances before being accepted into the program.
3. Packaging Learnership Opportunities At South African Breweries
The key purpose of this role is to provide learners with an opportunity to enroll for a national certificate in food and beverage packaging (NQF 3). They will enter into a one year fixed term contract, during which they will undergo both practical and theoretical learning, culminating in a national qualification.
Key Outputs and Responsibilities
The Learnership is a structured learning programme that combines on-the-job learning as well as off-the-job learning in an integrated programme. The off-the-job component covers more theoretical aspects of the learning with work-based learning providing the opportunity for application of the theory and the further practical learning experiences required.
- Minimum Matric with Mathematics & English
- Technical Courses (N3, N4, N5, or N6) will be an added advantage
- Attention to detail
- Ability to interact well in teams
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- Grade: B
- Sites: Various locations including Chamdor, Alrode, Rosslyn, Polokwane, Ibhayi, Newlands
How to Apply
Use this link to apply.
4. Pharmacy Assistance Learnership Programme At Clicks
Successfully complete a National Certificate: Pharmacy Assistance Learnership Programme (Learner Basic Pharmacist Assistant) and a Further Education and Training Certificate: Pharmacist Assistance (Learner Post Basic Pharmacist Assistant) through the accredited Pharmacy Healthcare Academy. A structured learning programme that consists of a theoretical and practical component and that leads to a qualification that is registered on the National Qualification Framework (NQF).
- Successfully complete the Learnership Training Contracts at a registered Clicks Pharmacy and under an approved tutor.
- Attend the required training interventions and successfully complete the competency assessments.
- Submit a Portfolio of Evidence.
- Provide support to the healthcare team in one of the Click’s Pharmacies under the supervision of a registered Pharmacist and within the legal scope of practice as outlined by the South African Pharmacy Council (SAPC).
- Customer service-oriented
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Computer Literacy
- Working with People
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Following Instructions and Procedures
- Adhering to Principles and Values
- Relating and Networking
- Planning and Organizing
- Experience: N/A
- Education: Essential requirement: completion of Grade 12 with a minimum of 50% in Mathematics (or 60% in Mathematical Literacy) and 50% in English
How to Apply
NB. Use this link to apply
Location: Pretoria, Gauteng Closing date: 29 October 2023
5. Join Our Team and Dream Big
Dreaming big is in our DNA. It’s who we are as a company. It’s our culture. It’s our heritage. And more than ever, it’s our future. A future where we’re always looking forward. Always serving up new ways to meet life’s moments. A future where we keep dreaming bigger. We look for people with passion, talent, and curiosity and provide them with the teammates, resources, and opportunities to unleash their full potential. The power we create together – when we combine your strengths with ours – is unstoppable. Are you ready to join a team that dreams as big as you do?
To implement a market-driven differentiated service that builds sustainable competitiveness within the Tavern Class of Trade, which delivers sustainable growth in brand equity, sales volume, market share, competitive advantage, and corporate reputation.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Understands the value chain across sales and marketing and how the roles interact with each other
- Proactively seeks out competitor information and includes this in the overall selling task
- Ability to understand the concept of profitability and the role of pricing, product mix, and merchandising in making commercially astute decisions
- Making customers’ and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions
- Developing and sustaining productive customer relationships
- Effectively meeting customer needs, taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Connecting with and developing a strong rapport with customers; collaborating on plans and decisions and proving criticality to the customer
- Ability to build authentic relationships across diverse groups of people
- Being accountable for achieving results and taking responsibility for one’s actions
- Takes the role personally and professionally
- A strong achievement orientation
- High integrity as a representative of SAB
- Ability to adapt behavior to changing situations
- Open-minded and adjusts priorities in response to unanticipated events
- Able to identify issues and resolve problems in the moment.
- Resilience and endurance in managing extraordinary and flexible working hours.
- Willing to work weekends and public holidays as required.
- Identifying needs and opportunities, leveraging a unique value proposition, representing capabilities, and closing sales.
- Effectively exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain support by using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods.
- Ability to establish rapport, identify the customer need, and gain commitment.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize sales activities.
Planning and Organizing
- Work with the sales lead to develop specific plans to leverage SAB’s value proposition and unique competitive advantage against customer needs.
- Focuses on the detail and executes plans meticulously to exceed customer expectations.
- Excellent administration skills.
- Manage and build customer relationships with tavern owners.
- Drive weekly customer calls per outlet to build effective partnerships and resolve customer issues.
- Ensure all customer master data is input, current, correct, and maintained.
- Achieve customer sales and volume targets.
- Ensure each outlet buys directly from SAB consistently on a weekly basis.
- Complete and influence the AMPPS survey by delivering on every targeted plan: Availability, Merchandising, Price, Promotions, and Space.
- Monitor volumes by outlet to ensure 100% availability of key brands and packs through forward planning.
- Manage stock rotation to ensure 100% availability.
- Drive the effective execution of selective merchandising implementation in the consumption and purchase zones as per the In-Trade Execution Guidelines (ITEG).
- Negotiate and execute interior and exterior price communication; capture price priorities, ensure price point compliance, and execute on the overall price and promotion campaigns throughout the year.
- Manage outlet retention by tracking and monitoring competitive shelf space and volumes sold and ensure effective positioning of brands for maximum volume growth.
- Manage SAB refrigeration assets by driving governance and compliance for the SAB audit.
- Manage all SAB assets in the outlets, including permanent merchandising and signage.
- Ensure SAB products are stocked in fridges as per ITEG.
- Conduct asset verification surveys (Fridges, etc.).
- Assist customers with the model stock system to manage stock replenishment and minimize stockouts.
- Manage stock rotation and quality.
- Diploma or Degree
- Valid unendorsed Code 8 driver’s license
- Basic computer literacy and experience working with Microsoft Office
- Local area knowledge is a requirement.
- Ability to work in a flexible working environment (working on weekends)
- Central Region
- Inland Region
- East Coast Region
- Cape Region
SAB is an equal opportunity employer, and all appointments will be made in line with SAB/ABInBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/ relevant information as criteria for short-listing.
Join us and be part of a team that dreams big and achieves even bigger. Apply now.