Seriti is offering an Engineering Learnership opportunity located in Vereeniging, Gauteng. The position falls under the New Vaal Colliery division and is directed towards entry-level applicants in the Mining and Metals industry, specifically in the Engineering sector. Eligible candidates should have at least a Grade 12 qualification with specific subjects or a minimum N2 with trade-related subjects. Applicants should be prepared for a psychometric assessment, have a valid K53 driver’s license, and no criminal record. Experience in the mining sector and proximity to the workplace will be advantageous. Applications will be accepted until 03 November 2023 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The reference for this position is NVC105/23GS – 18.2.
Location: Vereeniging, Gauteng
Posted: 23 October 2023
Closing Date: 03 November 2023
Reference: NVC105/23GS – 18.2
Division: New Vaal Colliery
Experience: Entry Level
Primary Industry: Mining and Metals
Functional Area: Engineering
Disciplines you can apply for:
Table of Contents
- Grade 12 Mathematics (excluding literacy) & Science with a minimum E symbol, with two N2 trade-related subjects OR
- Minimum N2 with four relevant trade-related subjects
- Specific trade theory for the respective position:
- Fitter: Mathematics, Engineering Science, Engineering Drawing, Fitting & Machining Theory
- Boilermaker: Mathematics, Engineering Science, Plating and Structural Steel Drawing, Plater Trade Theory
- Minimum Symbol E (40%) (applications with F symbols will be declined)
- Candidates must be open to undergoing a psychometric assessment
- Availability to work shifts, be on standby, and manage call-outs as needed
- Ability to handle pressure, be innovative, and work independently
- Capability to detect faults without supervision
- Possession of a valid K53 driver’s license
- Must either possess or be able to obtain a certificate of fitness
- All applications should be accompanied by certified copies (within the past 3 months) of qualifications, driver’s license, and ID. Clearly indicate the trade for which you’re applying.
- No criminal records
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews.
- Prior experience in the Mining Sector
- Proximity of the applicant to the workplace
How to Apply
To apply for the “Engineering Learnership External (18.2): New Vaal Colliery, Free State”:
- Ensure you meet the specified requirements, such as Grade 12 Mathematics & Science, relevant N2 subjects, and other mentioned qualifications.
- Prepare a PDF version of your CV.
- Include certified copies (certification should be within a 3-month period) of:
- Your ID.
- Driver’s license.
- Clearly indicate the trade you are applying for.
- Ensure you have no criminal record.
- Use Google Chrome as your default browser for the application to ensure smooth attachment of documents.
- Attach your CV with the certified copies of the relevant qualifications, ID document, and valid driver’s license to your application.
- Keep in mind that appointments will be made in line with Employment Equity targets.
- Wait for communication regarding the status of your application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and if you do not receive a response within 30 days of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.