Lancet Learnership 2022 is open for the Student Phlebotomy Technician position. If you want to develop your skill in performing phlebotomy techniques, then this is your chance to shine!
Lancet Laboratories in South Africa is one of the leading laboratories concerned in the medical pathology field. Lancet laboratories provide the 9 provinces around South Africa with vital diagnostic and pathology monitoring.
They have the medical technologies and talented people in the medical field provide the services for SA citizens. For medical students who need to learn skills and gain experience in meds skill, this opportunity is a rare chance.
Gain the experience you need in Lancet by joining this learnership opportunity. And then, add this invaluable experience to polish your qualifications in the medical field.
Additionally, you will also be able to go through HPCSA board examination after the programme ends. HPCSA certificate as a Phlebotomy Technician will enable you to work in a pathology lab and blood donation organization.
Check out the learnership details below and fight your place as the Student Phlebotomy Technician at Lancet!
Table of Contents
Programme Title: Lancet Learnership 2022
Recruiter: Lancet Laboratories
Reference Number: 738705
Location: Gauteng, Limpopo, Northwest and Mpumalanga
Duration: 24 months
Remuneration: Based on your qualification and experience level
While joining the Lancet Learnership 2022 programme, learners have several duties that they should abide by. The duties that they are responsible for are as follow:
- Attends formal training programmes including lectures, practical training and submission of assignments.
- Writing of Health Professions Council (HPCSA) board examination.
- Meet contractual obligations of Learnership appointment.
- Collection of venous and capillary blood and non-blood specimens for medical and blood donation purposes.
- Implements sound housekeeping procedures in accordance with relevant legislation and all safety protocols.
- Represents the organization by applying the principles of customer care.
Furthermore, there are some points that learners should know about the programme. And they are:
- Learners should make their own arrangements with regards to accommodation, transport and food.
- Learners will be required to work a 42.5 hour week.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo a pre-assessment.
Eligibility and Requirements
The minimum qualifications for applicants are:
- Grade 12 with English, Mathematics and Biology D symbol
- Have 0-1 Yrs Relevant Working Experience
- Computer literate
- Knows about Phlebotomy procedures
Moreover, the competencies below can also help:
- Ability to cope with nervous / distressed patients
- Administrative skills
- Attention To Detail
- Customer Orientation
- Lateral thinking
- Practical thinking
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
For the application of this learnership, you can head to this link and hit “Apply Now”. If you encounter any problems accessing the website, you can try to head to this link first. Then, check the Student Phlebotomy Technician at Gauteng, Limpopo, Northwest and Mpumalanga. It will bring you to the first link mentioned.
The closing date for the application is on 26 August 2022 at 12:00:00 AM. Apply for the opportunity before the date.
We hope that you can successfully get this chance to learn under the Lancet Laboratories as the Student Phlebotomy Technician. So, good luck with your application!