Joburg Market is one of the largest fresh produce markets in South Africa and all of Africa. The market is located in the City Deep area of Johannesburg. It serves more than 5000 farmers across South Africa, trading their fresh produce to more than 10000 buyers every day. Currently, there is an available vacancy in Joburg Market for Platform Warden.
The Platform Warden vacancy in Joburg Market is suitable if you are looking for a vacancy in security and customer service. You can find more details about the vacancy below, please keep reading!
Job Title: Joburg Market Vacancies: EPWP Opportunity Platform Warden
Position: Platform Warden
Recruiter: Joburg Market
Location: Joburg Market, City Deep, Johannesburg
Salary: R 4000
The Platform Warden position will require you to manage several duties and responsibilities. You will need to perform routine inspection, as well as provide basic public assistance service in the trading halls and platforms. You will be responsible in emergency situations as the first-line response. Aside from that, you will need to manage the emergency situation if required.
The complete list of the job descriptions for the Platform Warden vacancy can be found below:
- Attending your assigned position according to the daily deployment plan
- Control entrance and exit to the Joburg Market location
- Provide first-line customer service, upholding the positive image of the company for guests
- Monitoring traffic conditions and observing any road traffic violation
- Enforcing compliance with by-laws to all customers
- Escorting transgressors to the JM security offices to pay a spot fine defined in the market by-laws
- Reporting any criminal or suspicious activities to security staff
- Reporting daily incidences to the Occurrence book system
- Responding to call by CCTV monitors and assisting in locating offenders
- Immediately responding to conflict within the premises
- Investigating allegations of misconduct or criminal activity on the premises
- Participating in all security patrols as instructed by the Security Manager
Eligibility and Requirements
To apply for the Platform Warden security vacancy in Joburg Market, you must have the following qualification:
- Grade 12
- Training or work experience in security will be added advantage
Aside from that, you will need to:
- Complete the pre-employment safety and security screening
- Willing to do shift work
Please note that applicants should not have previously worked as an EPWP beneficiary within 24 months period.
If you are interested to apply for the Platform Warden security vacancy in Joburg Market, and have all the right qualification, you will need to prepare several documents:
- Application Form (Can be downloaded from this link)
- A comprehensive and recently updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Certified copies of qualifications
- Certified copies of identity document
- Proof of residence
You must hand deliver your application to the Joburg Market Offices. You can find the address below:
4 Fortune Road, City Deep, on weekdays between 08H00 and 16H00
You can find more information about the Platform Warden vacancy at Joburg Market website from this link.
Finally, the closing date for this vacancy is 10 November 2021 at 12H00.
Please submit your application before then.
We wish you luck with your application!